Grip sleeve for P-64

Info, pictures, advice...
cobber

Grip sleeve for P-64

Post by cobber »

Just toying around with accessories, and thought I would try one of these to help deal with recoil.

Any recommendations? I have the Hogue Jr. sleeve, but don't really care for the finger groove or the incredibly tight fit (concerned that rust will find a home under there, unless I strip it off regularly and check...).

Ideas?

Thanks!
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Re: Grip sleeve for P-64

Post by robhic »

cobber wrote:Just toying around with accessories, and thought I would try one of these to help deal with recoil.

Any recommendations? I have the Hogue Jr. sleeve, but don't really care for the finger groove or the incredibly tight fit (concerned that rust will find a home under there, unless I strip it off regularly and check...).

Ideas?

Thanks!
I didn't have much luck finding other options as far as grip sleeves go. The Hogue seems to be the one, if not only. I WILL tell you to BE CAREFUL taking that sucker off if you intend to put it back on later. I had 'em on some of my P64s and took them off to access the hammer spring to change. Upon putting them back on (and I WAS careful...) they developed a small split in the bottom corner. This, of course, has grown upward and now I'm just waiting for it (them) to eventually pop off one day with use. Until then....
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Forum Members have also used bicycle inner tube tires.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
cobber

Post by cobber »

Curly1 wrote:Forum Members have also used bicycle inner tube tires.
That is an excellent idea. Where can I buy one? :lol:
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

cobber wrote:
Curly1 wrote:Forum Members have also used bicycle inner tube tires.
That is an excellent idea. Where can I buy one? :lol:
Bicycle shop.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.