Trigger not wanting to engage

Info, pictures, advice...
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Re: Trigger not wanting to engage

Post by robhic »

cheyenne08 wrote: I then informed them the money they made from the sale, would not be equal to the bad publicity they were going to receive from me in Cheyenne, WY. All of a sudden they couldn't do enough for me.
I've threatened similar and you're right, it DOES work. I've let a vendor know that I'm an old, mean-spirited retired man with PLENTY time on my hands. I told them I would spend a majority of it on every, single forum or group I could find and let them know just how bad the item or service I got from _____ was. If that was worth the paltry sum of $$$ they had gotten from me fine. But I hoped they felt lucky .... :evilgrin:

Didn't take a whole lot more convincin'.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
Wonabe

Post by Wonabe »

Yeah that's the reason I got from them, having accepted the transfer from the FFL. As to the poor examples I received and their advertised condition they replied simply "that's surplus" implying the established grading scale doesn't mean diddly to them.

I may try to make a further fuss but I'm not holding my breath considering how quickly and bluntly their phone rep denied any responsibility. On the plus side I've got to enjoy the crap out of my others since Academy Sports started stocking Monarch for 10/box again :)
cheyenne08

Post by cheyenne08 »

Well, I got a call today from my FFL dealer, she said my gun was in. Picked it up a few hours ago. It is in much better condition than the original one I had received, which was a 1968 gun. This one is dated 1973. I would rate this one as very good to excellent condition.

Classic Firearms went out of their way to get this gun to me quick. They sent me the replacement gun two hours after receiving the returned gun.

This is the kind of service that should be standard for every one. I think what drove my complaint was, I wasn't concerned with the cosmetics, but the fact that the gun was not functional as received originally.

Any way, it has worked out to my satisfaction, and I give them credit when it is due.

Dale
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Just don't take a chance on Classics recent batch of Finnish M38 Mosins they bought from Pat Burns. A lot of unhappy campers getting cracked stocks and having to eat shipping and FFl fees to send them back and a lot of them were paid the hand pick price.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
cheyenne08

Post by cheyenne08 »

Curly1 wrote:Just don't take a chance on Classics recent batch of Finnish M38 Mosins they bought from Pat Burns. A lot of unhappy campers getting cracked stocks and having to eat shipping and FFl fees to send them back and a lot of them were paid the hand pick price.

Thanks for the heads up. It seems like buying milsurp is like a crap shoot. I got one p64 from AIM, and it is not as nice as this replacement P64 from Classic.

Pretty tough trying to nail down a "best" supplier. :roll:

Dale
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

That should be M39 finnish mosins.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary