P64 recoil vs Glock 30s?

Info, pictures, advice...
Caniac92

P64 recoil vs Glock 30s?

Post by Caniac92 »

Does anyone have an idea about the recoil of the P64 vs the Glock 30s? I haven't shot the 30s and have been interested in picking one up for a while now.
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Re: P64 recoil vs Glock 30s?

Post by robhic »

Not sure how helpful this is but I have a G30sf (the mid-size Glock 45) which is actually known for its unusually mild recoil for a 45. I agree this model Glock recoil ain't too bad and the P64 might actually be a little more "snappy", IMO, only. The G30sf is physically bigger and so it might absorb recoil a bit more than a smaller, all metal pistol. Never compared them side-by-side. I find the P64 is almost indistinguishable in "snappiness" from my full 9X19 Glock 9mm pistols. That 1 mm difference doesn't count for much!!! :shock:
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
Wonabe

Post by Wonabe »

While there isn't much of a difference in the actual level of recoil the p64 isn't half as pleasant to shoot and certainly has more "felt" recoil with the glock having more muzzle flip. Shooting 45 in general is more of a "push" compared to the "snap" of high velocity rounds like 9mm luger.
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

Wonabe wrote:While there isn't much of a difference in the actual level of recoil the p64 isn't half as pleasant to shoot and certainly has more "felt" recoil with the glock having more muzzle flip. Shooting 45 in general is more of a "push" compared to the "snap" of high velocity rounds like 9mm luger.
^^^^^^^^^^ What he said. That's a better explanation of the differences than I gave.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke