Classic has em cheap!

Info, pictures, advice...
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Classic has em cheap!

Post by Ketchman »

Guys,
Classic has P-64's at $179.99. It says the condition is good but I bet it is the end of their last shipment. Still............. :|
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Classic has em cheap!

Post by Ketchman »

:oops: I did not read far enough to see about the "other side cosmetic problem". See Curly's post abiut this. Sorry.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
mosinmike

Post by mosinmike »

Yeah, the picture they showed didn't look all that great. I'll pay a little more for one of their really good ones. As Classic said on their site, if you want a glove box gun or something like that you can't beat it.
Caniac92

Post by Caniac92 »

I got my gun from Classic a few months ago and it was in pretty good condition. It's got some holster wear on it but I honestly like my surplus guns to look used. It adds character to them.
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

I bought one a while back and it was good. Looked good and mechanically sound. I just bought 2 more last week when they dropped the price to $219 and said they were "GOOD TO VERY GOOD."

I think our definitions vary. One was pretty good but the other looked like a camo finish! :cry: I had brown splotches and the safety was frozen SOLID! The guy (a friend) with the FFL license I had them shipped to used a polish called "Major Shine" and got the discoloration out. BUT ..... it also lightened the finish so I have a light blued/black/silver but VERY shiny finish. Looks like clear coat. Kinda growing on me :mrgreen: but not the solid black finish shown or that I received with the other pistols I got there or at AIM Surplus. Just be warned.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
Caniac92

Post by Caniac92 »

I bought mine before the price was dropped to $219. My gun is good to very good. As for the guns they were selling at a discount, doubtful. My gun only has minor holster wear.
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

Looking for a 64, but do like my P83 a lot.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

chestertnted wrote:Looking for a 64, but do like my P83 a lot.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Cant go wrong with having both.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
kdwright5407

Post by kdwright5407 »

I just ordered one of the cheapos tonight. F you all are interested, I can take pictures of it and share when I get it.
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

kdwright5407 wrote:I just ordered one of the cheapos tonight. F you all are interested, I can take pictures of it and share when I get it.
Please do that. I'd be curious. The one (of 2) that I got looked like water damage. Splotches of brown in the finish both sides and the safety/fire switch was FROZEN! With that part being one of the harder replacements to find, I was VERY careful with it. Got it apart no problem, cleaned, lightly filed & sanded then lubed. Smooth as new! Mechanically the gun was OK. The finish was another story. My friend (the gunsmith/FFL dealer) used "Major Shine" polish and got the brown out. But it also lightened the bluing so that pistol looks light blue/black/silver with a clear-coat over it. Odd but it's growing on me. :wink:
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
kdwright5407

Post by kdwright5407 »

robhic wrote:
kdwright5407 wrote:I just ordered one of the cheapos tonight. F you all are interested, I can take pictures of it and share when I get it.
Please do that. I'd be curious. The one (of 2) that I got looked like water damage. Splotches of brown in the finish both sides and the safety/fire switch was FROZEN! With that part being one of the harder replacements to find, I was VERY careful with it. Got it apart no problem, cleaned, lightly filed & sanded then lubed. Smooth as new! Mechanically the gun was OK. The finish was another story. My friend (the gunsmith/FFL dealer) used "Major Shine" polish and got the brown out. But it also lightened the bluing so that pistol looks light blue/black/silver with a clear-coat over it. Odd but it's growing on me. :wink:
Cool. I'm a bit anxious to get it. I always get this way with a new purchase, but with this one supposedly being less of a looker, I'm uber curious. This will also be my "least collectible" c&r, I'm cool with trying to buff or polish the imperfections out. I'm also good with an ugly gun if it's got good, honest wear and tear. We'll see.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
kdwright5407

Post by kdwright5407 »

I just got an email from Classic that my order has a shipping label and tracking info. I ordered it yesterday afternoon. They are on top of things. Man, I'm anxious to see what I get.
MinnMD66

Post by MinnMD66 »

How much does classic arms charge for shipping?
I don't smoke, drink or do drugs, I only have one small problem. I Lie.
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

MinnMD66 wrote:How much does classic arms charge for shipping?
It cost me $19.87 ± to ship 2 so I'd guess around $10 for one....
- Robert

robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

kdwright5407 wrote:... I'm cool with trying to buff or polish the imperfections out. I'm also good with an ugly gun if it's got good, honest wear and tear. We'll see.
Well, mine was more than "imperfections." It looked like it had set in water for some time. BIG splotches of brown in the otherwise dark blued finish and the safety/fire switch was completely (NO exaggeration!) frozen in the 'FIRE' position. It would NOT BUDGE. Afraid to break anything, I immediately soaked it in 'Ballistol' overnight and disassembled it the next day. No problems, at least. Once apart I filed and sanded and changed springs then lubed. Went together easily and is now completely functional. Except the odd light blue/silver/dark blue finish. :mrgreen:
- Robert