You Guys Are Killing Me

Info, pictures, advice...
Mike44

You Guys Are Killing Me

Post by Mike44 »

I have ben a lurker for several days. This site has me ready to order a couple of these P-64s. I have a Bulgarian Mak that I dearly love. The prices on them have gone up considerably. So I tripped across this place and you guys have he hooked. I like the fact that the P-64 is smaller for CC; not that the Mak is a big gun. But here in Florida my formal wear is a t-shirt, shorts, and flip flops. I love my big boomers too...44 spl, 44 mag, 45 Colt, 45 acp, etc.......but I feel the 9x18 properly loaded is definitely sufficient for personal protection. Have any of you guys tried stuffing one of these in your front pocket?
mosinmike

Re: You Guys Are Killing Me

Post by mosinmike »

I'm sure it can be done if the shorts are sufficiently loose. I usually put mine in an IWB holster.
spareparts

Post by spareparts »

I think the P64 works nicely as a pocket pistol. With the right holster to break up the print. When I carry it, if I have regular blue jeans, it is in my pocket. If I have shorts, I usually wear bermuda shorts with a cargo pocket. That's where the P64 goes.
frameman

Post by frameman »

I carry every day with my P-64 in my front pocket.
Barsony in pocket leather holster is great to break up printing.
Works very well.
>
> "THE
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GENIUS AND STUPIDITY IS THAT GENIUS HAS ITS
> LIMITS"...
ALBERT EINSTEIN
gman68w

Post by gman68w »

I wear work dungarees most of the time, and my P-64 fits just fine in the front pocket. I'm a little conscious of the printing, but that's only because I know it's there. Haven't had anyone stop me and say "Is that a gun in your pocket...." and so on.
Jesus sez 'Pack Heat' Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now,
he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that
hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

gman68w wrote:I wear work dungarees most of the time, and my P-64 fits just fine in the front pocket. I'm a little conscious of the printing, but that's only because I know it's there. Haven't had anyone stop me and say "Is that a gun in your pocket...." and so on.

And you probably never will because most peeps do not have any situational awareness of their surroundings or the peeps moving in and out of their sphere of influence.

When I am out in the public domain my head is on a swivel observing whether I am on foot or in a vehicle.

One time I spotted an out of place individual on a bike in a parking lot while waiting for Mrs Curly that upon further observation snatched a purse. The chase was on car vs bike.... a long story for another time.

So the chances of the sheeple noticing any CCW are pretty slim, if you open carry then that will get their attention if they can get their nose out of their "smart" phones :)
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
gman68w

Post by gman68w »

Even so, it's still a good idea to get a pocket holster. Buddy 'o mine had a pocket revolver, and the front sight wore a hole in his pocket, to the point where it very nearly slid down his pant leg.
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

Just my general worry-warting about this but there is a fairly long thread named (I think) "Other ways to make a P-64 Discharge" or something like that where a guy recounts with pictures and all the BIG HOLE in his jeans pocket where his pocket-carried P64 went off through his pants and car floorboard! Word to the wise ... :shock:
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
gman68w

Post by gman68w »

And what word would that be? "Safety"?
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Yes that guy did not use the safety carrying in his jeans pocket.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

gman68w wrote:And what word would that be? "Safety"?
That's a good start but it ain't my pants nor my vehicle floor. You can carry anywhere you want. Just be aware... And please don't stand too close to me when you do!
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
gilmaxter

Post by gilmaxter »

I live in fort Myers Florida, and I use a pocket holster that I use for my ruger lcp pistol. Front pocket and its just fine for me. Nothing strange or different. Though I never cc it with a loaded chamber , I leave it unchambered with safety on. And I get by fine.