Marshall grips beavertail extended question

Info, pictures, advice...
gilmaxter

Marshall grips beavertail extended question

Post by gilmaxter »

I am looking into getting some new grips. And I am liking what Marshall grips has. I wanna go for a plain extended version for better hand grip. And the beaver tail version. Because I don't wanna lose skin it happened once don't want a repeat. My question is does this also improves the recoil ? I can feel it on the web of my hand so does this help lessen the recoil a bit or is that wishful thinking?

Does anyone have any experience with those type of grips to confirm that ?
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Re: Marshall grips beavertail extended question

Post by Weasel640 »

yes it would reduce the felt recoil some what. But the amount that it reduces it could be little to none depending on the gun and shooter.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
gilmaxter

Post by gilmaxter »

What's the best option with those grips then for better recoil?
mosinmike

Post by mosinmike »

I bought the beavertail grips and the beavertail portion broke off after firing less than 20 rounds. The guys who makes them in Hungary replaced them with the non-beavertail version at no cost. They do look good.
gilmaxter

Post by gilmaxter »

Wait really is that common ? For them to break of after only 20 rounds ?
mosinmike

Post by mosinmike »

I doubt if it's common or he wouldn't be selling them. It may have had something to do with my grip of the pistol.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

gilmaxter wrote:What's the best option with those grips then for better recoil?
There is a big debate on how much "felt" recoil is actually effected by things like changing the springs, and grips; as it is totally subjective. I believe (my opinion) that these grips absolutely do help with "felt" recoil. But you and others may disagree.

As far as them cracking I can't speak to that as I have never had a problem with mine. Other than mosinmike's post above I haven't heard of any others.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
Caniac92

Post by Caniac92 »

What about recoil for marshall grips without the beavertail? I order a set of those grips a few months ago and I am still waiting for them to show up.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

I still feel recoil with Marschals grips at the web of my hand I think due to where the seam of the grips meet under the tang.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
torpeau

Post by torpeau »

gilmaxter wrote:Wait really is that common ? For them to break of after only 20 rounds ?

The P-64 is very tough on grips. Some years ago Marschal sent me several sets to test. Several of them broke.
HolmesZ28

Post by HolmesZ28 »

I bought a set from grips4u, I think they are much more comfortable then the stock plastic grips. I recently joined a local Izaak Walton League of America and shoot there, didn't seem my hand was as sore after 150 rounds then with the original grips. I own a .357, 9mm, and .380 but my P-64 is my favorite to shoot. Have yet to have any FTL's or FTE's with several different ammo makes. Just love this gun!
gilmaxter

Post by gilmaxter »

Thanks guys :)
Guess I will stick to the stock one for now, but might get the grips later. I do enjoy shooting the p64 do wish people will stop asking if its a ppk though it gets old awhile. Where I am at they don't really order imports other then glocks.