....FINALLY shot my P-64..

Info, pictures, advice...
herr mario

....FINALLY shot my P-64..

Post by herr mario »

...the stars finally aligned and I was able to test out my new(even though I got it early May) P-64....a 1972 vintage....finally after 9 inches of rain in the last 3 weeks we caught a small 'hole' before more rain crept in so I stepped out back and went thru 4 mags(reloaded the 2 I have)....I LOVE it.....no problems-flawless....and no dropped mags or other issues I've read about...all I did to mine was give her a good cleaning and replaced the recoil and hammer springs with 18 and 20 lb ones...I have no problems with the recoil-very comfortable to me...I did put on a set of spare Talon rubber grips I had for my XDS...they fit perfectly and made it very comfortable to shoot.....a pic of my new baby attached....so far its looking like another carry piece for me...cant wait to take her out again..!!!....I'ma a happy camper... :D
P-64sm.jpg
...typical bitter clinger...
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: ....FINALLY shot my P-64..

Post by Curly1 »

Another satisfied customer!
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Glad you finally got to shoot it. I could not have waited that long rain be damned. Interesting looking grips? Talons? How do they attach? Slip on's ?
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
herr mario

Post by herr mario »

...I didnt get them specifically for a P64,just had an extra set and they were the correct size...Talon grips are very inexpensive(made for just about any pistol) and have an adhesive backing that conforms beautifully to any grip and then they recommend you warm it up for a few minutes with a hairdryer ...if you decide to remove them they peel off without any difficulty and any adhesive that might be left easily comes off with rubbing alchohol...I've had rubber ones on my XDS for 2 years and they are as good as the day I put them on...they come in a granulated texture if preferred but i like the rubber
http://talongungrips.com/
...no I dont work for them :wink: ...these are pretty decent if you dont have the $$$ for the nicer replacement grips
keith150

Post by keith150 »

Since the weather is getting hotter I carry mine all the time kinda hard to conceal a 1911 govt or my cz52 with just a t shirt but this little gun disappears
Attachments
IMG_20150323_195625_rewind.jpg
MinnMD66

Post by MinnMD66 »

All I have to say is WOW. I just shot my P-64 yesterday for the first time also And If any of you are on the fence over purchasing one of these...Just Do It. I have two glocks a walthers ppks and a ruger revolver that I normally take to the range but now, I have just one that's my favorite. I replaced the hammer and recoil springs with the 18 and 20# combo like herr Mario and had no issues What so ever. The only problem was the crappy blazer ammo. ( don't buy that junk ). Brown bear ran through flawlessly.
I don't smoke, drink or do drugs, I only have one small problem. I Lie.
herr mario

Post by herr mario »

...I shot Silver Bear thru mine....got plenty of Brown Bear in reserve... :wink: ...its so light in the IWB I can almost forget its there... :shock:
Caniac92

Post by Caniac92 »

How does wolf shoot for you guys?
herr mario

Post by herr mario »

....I have a few hundred rounds of it but havent tried it yet...
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Wolf shoots great in mine. All the combloc stuff does. Just a little dirty is all.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

No problems with Wolf here.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

Wolf, WPA, Silver Bear, Brown Bear and probably some other steel ammo I've forgotten ALL shot beautifully. I've shot PPU HP ammo and use Hornady XTP and FTX all brass with that gaping HP and the FTX with the rubbery plug in the nose shoot with no issues, either. The Hornadys make for good SD ammo...
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
torpeau

Post by torpeau »

robhic wrote:Wolf, WPA, Silver Bear, Brown Bear and probably some other steel ammo I've forgotten ALL shot beautifully.
That steel ammo sparks at the range so it's not allowed. Also, there are concerns about what that steel is doing to the bore.
snailman153624

Post by snailman153624 »

Steel case my friend, not steel bullets. The bullets are copper-plated lead, the case is simply non-reloadable steel, instead of soft[er] brass.