new to forum thinking of getting a p64 as carry weapon.

Info, pictures, advice...
Bergerboy

Re: new to forum thinking of getting a p64 as carry weapon.

Post by Bergerboy »

Not really, Rob.
Just convinced my wife I already had a short-range weasel gun, and that now I needed a long-range weasel gun!
(nod to Jeff Foxworthy)
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

Bergerboy wrote:Not really, Rob.
Just convinced my wife I already had a short-range weasel gun, and that now I needed a long-range weasel gun!
(nod to Jeff Foxworthy)
I don't care how you explained it, you still got a new 9mm SS Beretta! I'm shaking my fist at you right now!
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
Todd_Dulin

Post by Todd_Dulin »

Range report on my little 64, Dang straight shooter, had a few misfires though, Think its the light hammer spring I put in her though, anyone have any problems with Silver Bear ammo doing that,? I think if I got some name brand usa made stuff she would do just fine.. 10 yards hit the mark every time.. Sweet. :)
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

Todd_Dulin wrote:Range report on my little 64, Dang straight shooter, had a few misfires though, Think its the light hammer spring I put in her though,
What weight spring did you go with? I put the lowest 17# spring in 4 of mine and they all worked fine. Didn't use Silver Bear but Wolf and WPA which should be pretty close as far as hardness of primers. No problems.

Then 2 weeks ago one gun developed intermittent FTFire with dented primers. Rounds generally fired second time in different gun but I decided to go up to the 18# hammer spring which most here say corrects the light-strike issue. While I was at it I changed the hammer springs in the other 3 guns to 18# also to head-off problems down the road. I figured I'd do it now instead of having possible light-strike issues develop later.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
Todd_Dulin

Post by Todd_Dulin »

I used the lightest hammer spring wolf put out, I got the next one up, May just drop it in, Got a firing pin spring also.. Dunno if that would make any difference,Recoil spring just got put in, & Am looking at grips, Those on my list of to do on it..
Kinda wish to use as a carry gun, But want consistent performance .. For sure do not want a problem while in need.
rumcrook

Post by rumcrook »

Went with aim, got a flawless example. Put in wolf spring and carry it with a shtf brand hybrid leather/kydex holster I found on amazon. And load it with Hornady Critical Defense hp it's been doing real well for me, flat and confortable
Attachments
P64 with SHTF holster.jpg
P64 with SHTF holster.jpg (46.03 KiB) Viewed 4438 times