p64 as back up hog gun?

Info, pictures, advice...
Joeinthehills

Re: p64 as back up hog gun?

Post by Joeinthehills »

Nada, for backup a S&W M629 cal. 44 Mag, the same for my rifle Ruger carbine in the same caliber.

You are typically shooting up and close/personal, even with dogs.

Heavy round w/ multiple shot capabilities.

The damn critters are taking over this part of the country, BUT they eat good! :evilgrin:

Just be careful to wear surg. gloves and face mask while cleaning them for safety. :shock:

Make sure they are cooked really well DONE...
Mike44

Post by Mike44 »

The 10mm would sure do it. On my hunting lease we go for the head when at all possible. Keep range closer though. I too was wondering about the 9x18 for hogs. I wouldn't hesitate to try it. I would sure have a tree picked out though!! I bet the FMJ in the head would put them down. My concern on a hog would be penetration. I would like to know if the XTP would do it. I would definitely NOT go for a heart/lung shot on a larger hog....takes too long for it to take effect.
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

I agree. Would not take any 9×18 for hog hunt. A nice .357 long barrel would work, or a .45 auto, or even a 10 mm. But good luck..
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."