Southern Ohio P-64

Info, pictures, advice...
Striknine

Southern Ohio P-64

Post by Striknine »

Hello, new member here and first time P-64 owner. Just received my Excellent Like New P-64 from Southern Ohio Gun and I am pretty happy with it. Looks brand new to me without any wear marks or blemishes. No signs of it ever being fired. It came with the holster and a second magazine, but no cleaning rod for some reason. Like everyone else the DA pull is overwhelming, but I plan on swapping out the springs so no worries there. Anyways enjoy the photos.

Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Southern Ohio P-64

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum, you got a nice one.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Flatul8er

Post by Flatul8er »

I just got one from SOG too. Mine is also in excellent condition. You might want to give them a call about not getting the cleaning rod. I'm sure they'll send you one.
Here's mine.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Another nice one welcome to the forum.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Striknine

Post by Striknine »

Very nice, that's also a good photo. Glad I waited for the new SOG batch. Almost bought one from Classic two weeks ago but something told me to wait. The pistol fits my hand nicely and I can't wait to get some ammo for it. Any good deals out there right now?
zardoz

Post by zardoz »

Very nice, striknine, I hope mine will look as good as yours. My P-64 won't get here until Monday but I did buy some ammo. Don't know how good of a deal it was but rareammo.com had some Wolf Polyformance 9x18 for $13.95/50. It should arrive the same day as the pistol so I'm set. Also on the way are Wolf springs and a Hogue grip.

Jim
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

I bought a good bit of 9X18 Mak ammo (mostly steel-case) from http://www.sgammo.com/ for around $11 a box of 50. He also had some different quantities for decent prices and better, brass HP Hornady ammo, too.

This is the place with the surplus P-64 mags for $17. He might have some left if you want one (some) and they're in the same listing as the 9X18 ammo now.

And I think I could have lived without the cleaning rod, neat as it is, for the holster. Unless you paid more than $250 or $230 for the pistol.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
Striknine

Post by Striknine »

I paid $280 After shipping. Probably way too much but I am happy with the finish and condition. At this price the cleaning rod should have come with it though.
At what year did the hammer change to triangular shape? I got the round version on my '74 and its a little difficult pulling it back for the first shot.
Zardoz - Let me know how the hogue grip works out. That might be just what I need.
zardoz

Post by zardoz »

$280 might be above average but you got an above average pistol. I'll let you know how the Hogue grip works when I get my gun on Monday. Ammo should arrive then also, at least the 100 rounds of Wolf. The Hornady ammo also had a delivery date of Monday but when it reached Memphis the delivery date was changed to "unknown", I think they may have lost it.

Jim
zardoz

Post by zardoz »

The Wolf springs, 22# recoil and 18#hammer, transform this nifty little gun into a real CCW! DA trigger pull is dramatically improved, I'm 69 years old and have no problem using just the first pad of my finger. SA is lighter also but shouldn't be a problem because of the long take-up of this trigger. Recoil is a little less than before but I learned there is a right way and a wrong way to hold this pistol. It has to recoil into the meaty part between thumb and forefinger. I was going to see how it groups, from a sitting position, held it a little different and it kicked back into my thumb bone. Won't do THAT again.

Striknine, the Hogue grip does reduce the kick slightly but not enough that I will use it, I like the clean looks and thinner profile. If you PM your address you can have mine, I'll just toss it in an envelope and send it to you.

Jim