Just received my first P64

Info, pictures, advice...
RedEyeFred

Just received my first P64

Post by RedEyeFred »

I ordered my P64 on a whim from SOG. The claimed like new condition. It looks perfect on initial inspection. No wear or scratches finish is like new. It is dated as 1968. It came with a holster an extra mag and a cleaning rod.
After ordering I discovered your site and dead about how hard the double action trigger pull is. I thought that you must be joking. BUT your not. I can barely pull it with both index fingers. Thee single action pull was OK. Needles to say I have already ordered new Wolf springs. Even with the drawbacks I love this gun. Can't wait to get to the range.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Just received my first P64

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum Fred.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Transport

Post by Transport »

Ahoy!
Swap out the springs, and take that new lead slinger to the range. Mine will drive tacks at out to 25 yards. You will indeed love it.
I carry mine as a spare back up.

Transport out
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

Again, welcome and just a note. The disparity between the DA and SA trigger pulls are pretty big. I originally had the 17# Wolff hammer springs to replace that horrid original. DA was around 16± and SA was around 3.5#! BIG DIFFERENCE. Just be careful because any of the replacement springs will still have this big disparity. You strain for the initial pull and then just flinch a bit and the gun goes off on the follow-up! Be conscious of that and you'll really love this gun.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke