Another great range day with my P64

Info, pictures, advice...
Trooper joe

Another great range day with my P64

Post by Trooper joe »

I've posted twice about the P64 I got from J&G.

Went to the range today to try out some new Hornady ammo in my P64. I also had several other handguns I wanted to try with some new magazines and ammo.

I posted before that I have had good luck with Hornady Critical Defense 9x18 amo. Today I tried out some Hornady 95grn, XTP ammo and the P64 loved it. With both Hornady offerings as well as some Wolf steel case ammo, the P64 was making one ragged hole at 20 feet.

I still have not installed any of the Wplff recoil or hammer springs since my P64 is just about perfect with the single action pull. I don't want to take a chance of screwing up the great single action pull of this gun.

In summary, my P64 went through another 40 to 50 rounds without a hiccup.

Also shot my ew XDs 45 which hiccuped with a 7 round mag.
Shot my Interarms PPK which hiccuped on a newer 7 round magazine.
Shot my newer LCP which stumbled on some WW flat nose 380 ammo.
Shot my old Model 70, 32ACP, Bretta with some HP ammo. The gun will only handle ball ammo.

I am at the point to start carrying my P64 every day and the heck with these "modern" guns.

This gun is very classey, dead on accurate, is just about my most reliable pistol I own and I really trust it.

Just wanted to share this with you folks. Great forum and great info.

Thanks,

Trooper Joe
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Another great range day with my P64

Post by Curly1 »

I too had a good day with mine at the range today, beautiful weather and my P64 ran thru 50 rounds of LVE and 50 of Wolf with no problems.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary