P-64s from two dealers

Info, pictures, advice...
Trooper joe

P-64s from two dealers

Post by Trooper joe »

I ordered a "standard" P-64 from J and G with a note to hand select one and notify me if there was any additional charge. I also ordered an extra magazine with the P-64.

Meantime, I saw where the AIM dealership had some real nice ones with two magazines, so I also ordered one of those. Later, I upgraded my order with AIM to also hand select one.

We are traveling, so wi-fi connectivity is very sporadic. Seems like, as of this morning, I have two nice P-64s going to my dealer back home.

The only 9x18 I have is a nice P-63 (I think) that I have had for several years. Seems like I have seen a number of pretty beat up P-64s at the large Gander stores for more money than I am paying for these two.

I think that P-63 is an FEG, alloy frame and a black painted slide.

My plan is to keep the best one of the two I just ordered completely stock, and upgraded the second with Wolf springs along with other improvements posted in this forum.

Really like this forum and am looking forward to being involved in this great hobby involving the P-64s.

Trooper Joe
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: P-64s from two dealers

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum Joe.

Yea the PA63's are alloy frame.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Trooper joe

Post by Trooper joe »

Just ordered the Wolff spring kit with the extra strong magazine springs. Should be home when I get there.

Trooper Joe
Trooper joe

Post by Trooper joe »

Finally got home and picked up my 9x18s from my dealer. Notice I didn't say picked up my two P64s. That is because one of them was actually a Bulgarian Makarov and not a P-64.

I guess when I was putting in my order with AIM for a second P64 (I had just order a hand select one from J&G), my finger must have slipped and I hit Bulgarian Makarov instead of P64.

Oh well, I was actually wondering what I was going to do with two P64s anyway.

Installed a set of wood grips I got from Grips4u on the P64. This P64 was handpicked by J&G and even had one of the two magazines with the serial number of the gun. I received a second magazine from J&G and since ordered (and received) two more P64 magazines.

Ordered the 3 recoils spring kit and the 3 hammer spring kit from Wolff springs for the P64. May just use it as is for a while since it has a really nice single action trigger. The double action is as expected very stiff, but actually seems to be usable.

Called AIM and reviewed my order with them. We decided that I should stay out of the beer when placing gun orders via the internet :). This is a real nice gun and I am definitely keeping it. Ordered 2 more magazines which will give me 3 altogether.

I also ordered two extra (two different styles) of grip screws for the Makarov as well as a complete parts kit of allegedly unissued parts.

Not too excited about the Bulgarian Makarov grips (not sure if they are actually original) so I ordered a set of Pearce grips and will be looking for some nice wood or original EG or Soviet grips. Seem to be a lot of choices out there.

Can't wait to get to the range to try out both these guns.

I'll post the Makarov stuff on another forum but I thought guys would be interesdted on my "Bulgarian Makarov P64" -).

Trooper Joe
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

You could have made a worse mistake Joe at least this one you can get some fun out of it. :)
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
hawkeye_9947

Post by hawkeye_9947 »

I bought a P-64 from aims, nice pistol. I find the DA trigger manageable. Will carry in military style chamber empty with full mag. One issue I have is that after using the decock and puting the gun on safe it can be a hassle to disengage the safety to fire. The safety does not want to go beyond half. Anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum, yes this has been discussed if you do a search there will be some posts on it.
One possibility is you may have to remove the safety plunger and round it off a bit.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary