Common replacement parts

Info, pictures, advice...
ChuckDeVoid

Common replacement parts

Post by ChuckDeVoid »

Without spending money needlessly, what would be a good listing of spare parts to keep on hand for the P-64? (provided they can be found) Those items commonly replaced...

I would guess spare firing pin and extractor. Having replaced the hammer spring, the hammer strut looks to be a fragile piece.

The P-64 is an accurate, all steel, fun little pistol, and while any part can break, any advice & experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Bill
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Re: Common replacement parts

Post by robhic »

I'm still a "newbie" here (owned a P-64 a week plus) but by fact that there is a trigger spring replacement (which I already needed without firing a shot!) being manufactured by a poster on this site makes me think that maybe this part is particularly problematic. Member Norm Sutton makes and sells a trigger spring for $6 shipped (!!!) AND a slide-stop spring for $6 shipped, too. Looked like good spares to have so I ordered some extras. Norm's springs are available on the main site here and he takes PayPal. What a deal; what a guy!!!

I also read that the safety detent plunger and detent spring for a Walther PPK will work on a P-64. Numrich part #205550 for the plunger and #205530A might be good to have because they are those little bitty parts that have a habit of flying out and getting lost!

This site: http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/p64-c ... roduct=156 also has P-64 parts.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke