snailman153624

Re: Underwood ammo, Hornady ammo

Post by snailman153624 »

Here's a good article on the transportation protection:

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2014063 ... sportation
MartyW

Post by MartyW »

Borg, right on, and I love your phrase "better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6". A very applicable phrase to remember.

Ketchman, I will report back what I find on the springs when my gauge arrives next week. I plan to start with the currently installed 18# hammer spring. I won't be able to measure the DA pull, but I will measure and report back what the SA pull is on that spring. And then I think I should change back to the stock spring and report that SA pull, and then go on to check and record the other springs I have. I got the Wolff hammer 3-spring pack of 18/19/20, so I can check the 19 & 20. And also with the two stronger recoil springs (20 & 22) that I ordered, there was a hammer spring in with each of those and I have no idea what the weight of those two hammer springs is.

At the range last weekend a retired policeman friend liked the looks of the P-64 and I invited him to shoot a mag thru it. He loaded & racked it and took aim for his first shot and he was surprised how light the SA trigger was. His first shot was a couple inches left because he wasn't totally on sight before the trigger broke in SA. The remainder of the mag was spot on for him and he really liked the P-64. So I'm looking forward to what I find with the SA pull weight of this current 18# spring. As a range gun the SA is very nice and smooth, but I'm thinking way too light for a definsive carry.

Edit: Thanks snailman for that article link. I'll for sure check that out and save it for future reference.

Thanks to all
gemini1

Post by gemini1 »

Marty, just wondering, why would you not be able to measure the DA pull on the 18# spring?
MartyW

Post by MartyW »

gemini1, the trigger pull testers I've seen don't measure over about 14 or so pounds. I ordered a mechanical guage that didn't cost as much as a digital one and the one I ordered only measures up to 8 lbs. So enough to measure the P-64 SA pull, but not the DA pull.
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

I'm not sure I follow this. I have a Bersa Thunder 380 that I generally don't carry but I 1) load a round, 2) decock and 3) install a full magazine which gives me a 7+1 capacity. With the weapon in a good holster I feel the first shot (DA) is a bit heavier than the other 7 but nowhere NEAR as light as ANY pull on ANY of my Glocks and I don't feel uncomfortable with this arrangement. Why would anyone worry as long as you have a good holster and KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL READY TO FIRE!!! Seems safe to me.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke