P64 6 month review as a part of my conceal carry kit

Info, pictures, advice...
rumcrook

P64 6 month review as a part of my conceal carry kit

Post by rumcrook »

So I've found it has been pretty accurate, has eaten hollow point silver bear and Hornady Critical Defense 95gr. FTX Hollow Point well. I like the steel and weight, it comforts me. I like how flat it is. I like the styling, it speaks to me, unlike my glock which is utilitarian but souless. my first order of business was to get a hybrid kydex leather holster for concealed carry. It is my go to type holster, it spreads the weight well on two j clips and a nice well shaped thick leather back plate that helps diminish feeling it's presence and makes it melt into the background of my knowing it's there. And I don't need special belts to keep sag on my pants at the carry position to a minimum. I changed out the spring to reduce the double action trigger pull which Was terribly heavy. The wolf spring did it's job well and now I can stay on target with first shot and it's now a completely serviceable trigger. Ammunitiontogo.com for the critical D, amazon for the storefront of SHTF Gear for the hybrid holster made specifically for the p64 and they are American made family owned small biz. and wolf for the 3 pack of springs of which I picked the 18#. The p64 is from aim, it was a hand pick and when I received it I could find no finish wear, and no evidence of having been fired, it must have sat in a box in some polish military armory on a shelf forgotten for the last 40 years.
Attachments
aviary_1423112163024.jpg
rumcrook

Re: P64 6 month review as a part of my conceal carry kit

Post by rumcrook »

Here's another pic. By the way, The holster has a nice embossed logo of a fan blade on it that's nicely done. It can sort of be seen in the top photo with the p64 sitting on the mat next to the holster.
Attachments
P64 with SHTF holster.jpg
P64 with SHTF holster.jpg (46.03 KiB) Viewed 3693 times
mosinmike

Post by mosinmike »

Looks nice. I may have to pick one of those up.
rumcrook

Post by rumcrook »

The holster also had two positions for a higher or lower ride, I like lower, you can see the extra holes. And you can tighten or loosen the tension with the supplied Allen wrench and they included replacement parts for the tension system