JG Sales

Info, pictures, advice...
Joker31

JG Sales

Post by Joker31 »

This is my experience as on Feb 4, 2015:

Called on the 30th of January to see date range of the P64's and condition, talked to a Lady, seemed kinda short with me at first but warmed up after we talked for a little while (I'm very Polite on the phone) I asked her if it were possible to get a nicer one in 1973 (Was the year my inlaws came from Poland, my Wife's Grandfather was a Polish Policeman) I was told if I didnt mind paying $20, she would pull one for me, She put me on hold and when she came back a few minutes later she said, that she in fact had one that was in Great shape that was from that year. I said "Perfect, I want it, she looked up my C&R but told me mine was out of date, I asked her for her email address, I sent it as we were speaking. she said she needed an ID as well, I told her fine, she told me that they had ammo and Magazines and told me the prices, She told me that I could save any extra shipping by buying the mag and ammo now instead of having to call back later, I said I'll take the mag, not sure about the ammo, can I call back before the end of the day? She took my Credit Card info and we hung up on great terms.

I sent my ID as fast as I could scan it and emailed her to go ahead and add the ammo to my order.... I got a reply saying, what name is the order under, what is my zip code and when did I place my order....

The Subject of the Email was "ID for Pending Phone order from today, ID Enclosed"
I told her in a reply that it was a phone order that I called in on that day, I got a reply of....Who is this and what is your address and zip code....

Now I'm a pretty tolerant person but all that info is on the damn ID I sent her and in the Subject and Body of the Email!!!

ok so I get another email before I can reply saying they had everything straight.... This worried me.

On Feb2nd I got a UPS driver at the door who say's "I was getting ready to leave this on your door step until I saw who it was from, It doesn't say Signature required but I know who J&G are." I opened it, Very nice looking P64, except for the scratch the unwrapped Mag put on the slide. The base plate is cracked in the middle and its a new crack because its still sharp, and its a 1974..... Damnit, now I know why I havent ordered from them in 5 years, its coming back to me... I ordered a Mauser and ended up with a Nagant with no bolt in it years ago.

I called and asked for Customer service, the guy was very nice, very personable I explained it to him and told him that if he couldn't find a 1973 that was nicer I'd just buy this one and whatever 1973 he had or let me know if he couldnt find a 1973 at all.... he took my info again and verified that my invoice did indeed say 1973 and that they charged me for a hand select fee... I told him that my ammo was not to be found... he said he would call me back. Well tonight I got a UPS notification that I needed to be 21 and home so I checked to see if I had an Email, no email, no voicemail, just a charge on my card for $24.99 for $11 worth of ammo..... I could have gone to any store here in town to pay those prices MAK ammo is everywhere here but they want $15.99 a box So I guess I'll refuse that shipment and call them back....

All that for this question:
Am I the only one who has had this kind of problems with them? I usually order from AIM or from Century themselves. I have been dealing with C&R's for almost 20 years, back when we were buying Chinese SKS's that had Electropenciled dates (Pretty sure those things were only a year old) Miss the chinese stuff btw those guys could build some cool stuff.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: JG Sales

Post by Curly1 »

Seems like I have been reading other peeps with different problems with this outfit over the past several months.

Never ordered form them myself and looks like I won't be in the future.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Joker31

Post by Joker31 »

Finally, I had to call them back, they are a PITA, had me send back the 1974, now waiting on my 1973.
Vadirus

Post by Vadirus »

First post here as a somewhat new P64 owner, but a 9x18 enthusiast. I've bought ammo from J&G without any issue. They have great deals on Hot Shot 7.62x39 from time to time. My AK and SKS's love Hot Shot in terms of accuracy for some reason (Red Army, Bear, Wolf, and Tula just doesn't hold the mustard against it).

J&G started selling CZ-82 magazines for only $20, so I immediately bought two of them. They advertise that they are factory magazines.

Upon receiving them, they looked similar to the military surplus magazines I got with my CZ-82. However, after shooting them the feed lips bent outwards after about 15 rounds with each (give or take a few rounds), and caused jams every 1 or 2 rounds. I started doing some research on various forums and it looked like these were cheap Chinese copies with a CZ stamp on the floor plate that are also sold at Widener's (which I've bought and returned).

When I called J&G and explained all of this to them the guy kinda laughed it all off and basically said, "Hey, that might be possible, and that's why they are only $20 instead of the $40 to $50 retail from CZ."

He happily issued me a RA, sent me a shipping label, and refunded me everything, even S&H, so I was out nothing.

They are great on getting your issue resolved, but I wouldn't trust them to ship me what is advertised on their site except for ammo. I submitted a review on the mags, but of course, it was never posted to their site. They obviously vett the reviews and only allow the more positive ones.

As far as previous purchases of C&R firearms.....Classic and Aim are the only 2 major retailers I have dealt with in all of my purchases. They have delivered on what they sell and the 1 time Classic didn't, they not only made things right with me, but went way beyond correcting their mistake. They are also not afraid of posting negative reviews.....unlike J&G.

Just ordered another P64 from AIM today. I will report on how it shows up. ;) It will be the first P64 I've bought from them.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum and thanx for the info on J&G.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Vadirus

Post by Vadirus »

Aim came through in spades. A 1968 with virtually no wear to it at all (looked like the guy that carried it barely ever left it leave his holster), 2 magazines, and a non-advertised original cleaning rod.

Definitely go with AIM.
Attachments
P64 Radom.jpg
Nodakdad

Post by Nodakdad »

I have always had good luck with AIM, their website is one of my weekly ones I check.
Trooper joe

Post by Trooper joe »

I have just the opposite experience with J & G.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5715

I just posted that I recently ordered a select grade P-64 from AIM and J&G. I really screwed up my initial order with J&G. They handled it personally via email and now my select grade P-64 is on my way to my dealer (who by the way, is on their pre-approved dealer list).

My first order from J&G was several years ago when I ordered a Stingray 55 (a CZ clone).

That order also was pain free.

It should be noted that my first order from AIM (see my post), was also a great experience.

Just some thoughts,

Trooper Joe
nbirnbaum2

Post by nbirnbaum2 »

I bought 2 p64's and 3 92Fs's from J&G. Always been good to me

On the last P64 order for my GF... well a few people got killed by her old house a few others wounded a while back. I told the J&G rep the story why we were sending to her ffl in a different city. For $199 plus the 20 for extra mag a 1975 p64 in near perfect condition was sent. It looks like she got an excellent for the price of a good condition.