should i buy a p64 from J&g sales or aim surplus

Info, pictures, advice...
xmic

should i buy a p64 from J&g sales or aim surplus

Post by xmic »

does anyone know who imported the batch of p64s that aim surplus or J&G sales currently have? I recently bought one from classic fire arms and it was imported by century arms and under their billboard of an import mark was a section of the slide where some one took a sander to the gun and completely removed the original finish until it was in the white then painted back over it, the paint came off very easily to expose the sanded surface( I can post pictures later if anyone wants to see them). so I sent that one back to classic and got my money back and I am going to try to order another one from either j&g or aims. and I was wondering which one yall think would be better or if either of them would have guns that wernt imported by century.
Cloudystone

Re: should i buy a p64 from J&g sales or aim surplus

Post by Cloudystone »

Better try J&G. I had painful P64 purchase from AIM. Had to get rid of the P64s and lost a significant portion of the original purchase price. The pics from J&G seem to be better than what I got. And they are at fair price.
How much did you pay for the return shipping?
xmic

Post by xmic »

I had to pay $40 for return shipping
gemini1

Post by gemini1 »

Not sure if what AIM's got right now is still from the same lot, I got mine a few months ago, and I'm happy with what I got. I didn't pay extra for select, but I got a nicely finished one.

It was stamped P.W. Arms, Redmond, VA

Image[/url]
xmic

Post by xmic »

I think I am going to try Aims I would like one imported by pw arms. if you go for the hand select you can call them and make a request on what you want so hopefully that will guaranty that I get one from pw
Chaos47

Post by Chaos47 »

I too got a really rough one from Classic Arms sadly. It looked like they took a belt sander to it to remove a differnt import mark or maybe a police or armory mark? Mine they didn't even try to reblue or paint the spot it was just left in the white.

Talked to them thru emails and they arranged to hand pick me one that didn't have the issue. I was out return shipping but they threw in an extra magazine.. So all and all it worked out.

While I am happy now if I had to do it over I would probably go with AIM's as the photos people show of them they are really nice.
xmic

Post by xmic »

yeah iv seen a lot of p-64s with the same damage on gun broker. I would imagine they were taking off a different import mark. Yours was probably painted at one point but that paint comes off very easily. When I sent mine back to classic they made it seem like all the ones they have left all have that damage so I just got my money back. I'm hoping I will have better luck with aims.
taroman

Post by taroman »

Mine came from AIM last October.
PW import.
No hand select or anything.
After a re-springing, very nice:
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

New member here. Both my Dad and I each got one from J&G over Christmas. Did hand select to request a round hammer model. Both were 1969 models and what I would consider mint condition. The blue on both is close to perfect.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum Stephen and thanx for the update.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
lknhr48

Post by lknhr48 »

Just picked up my p64 from my dealer. A little bit of wear on the edges but not bad at all.
I ordered it from J&G for 199.95 not hand selected. No crazy import marks either.
nbirnbaum2

Post by nbirnbaum2 »

Ive had very good experiences with both sellers. That being said I buy a lot from J&G as im in ca and its way faster shipping to get to CA
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

gemini1 wrote:Not sure if what AIM's got right now is still from the same lot, I got mine a few months ago, and I'm happy with what I got. I didn't pay extra for select, but I got a nicely finished one.
Same experience I had. 3 good guns without hand selecting. You might consider that option as they get to the end of their inventory. I got 2 1975s and 1- 1977 pistol from AIM plus fast shipping.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
herr mario

Post by herr mario »

I've bought from AIM for at least 14 years and never had a problem....latest was a 72 dated P64 a few months ago that I posted a thread about-love it...I looked yesterday and see they are sold out of them now
...typical bitter clinger...