Newbie/photo upload

Info, pictures, advice...
makczak

Newbie/photo upload

Post by makczak »

Greetings all.
Question for administrator.
I have my first post prepared but my pics will not upload. Just shows upload in progress literally for hours. Tried only one pic first. Same problem. Any solution? I am using a Mac. so no telling.
Regards,
Russ...
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Re: Newbie/photo upload

Post by Weasel640 »

Welcome to the forum Makczak,

Normally I use an outside photo sharing site like photobucket. They make it easy to post pictures on forums like this. In the right hand side of your uploaded picture they have an "IMG" box, you click it, and paste the code in here where you want your picture to show up inline with you text. See attached pic.

This is what the code looks like.

I like the above method better because it ends up looking cleaner in the post. Also always use the "Preview" button ahead of actually posting so you can adjust your spacing if you want.

Using the forum method you have to add them as attachments.
3.JPG
After you click "Add the file" you should get a progress bar like below. If not your file may be to big, you browser/software out of date, or Apple just sucks and get a PC.
4.jpg
Once uploaded you will see them listed in "Posted attachments" well below your post.
5.JPG
You will also see them listed just below the post text window in the drop down next the "Attachments:". Put you courser in the text where you want the picture and click the "Place inline" button. Otherwise all the attachments will just show up at the bottom. Your preference.
6.JPG
As you can see an outside source shows up cleaner. It may also be easier for you to upload to, with less size restriction. There are many out there that are free. Either way you choose, always remember to use the "Preview" button before posting to make any needed adjustments.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
makczak

Post by makczak »

Thank you sir Weasel. Will give it a try shortly. Or as you say I may have to break out the old PC.
Russ...
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum.

Here's how you post photos.
Click on full editer button on the bottom and then use the browse button to go to the pic on your pc.
Use add file button and repeat if multiple pics.
Do a preview to review and then submit.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary