P64's at Classic Firearms

Info, pictures, advice...
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

P64's at Classic Firearms

Post by Ketchman »

Just a note, Classic Firearms has P-64's with 2 mags AND an IWB holster for $219.00. They claim good to vefy good condition but no hand select as they claim little variation in condition from pistol to pistol.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Juggar

Re: P64's at Classic Firearms

Post by Juggar »

I got mine in today, didnt look at it much since I didnt want people at my work seeing me with a gun in the parking lot. :shock:

But, the bluing looked good and it had typical holster wear around the muzzle. I would say that I certainly got what I paid for(~$210 pistol).

The picture on the website represents a "VG" hand select gun, you probably wont receive something that good, but it will be fairly close in condition with noticeable wear on the muzzle.

The condition I think is "good". If it had less wear around the muzzle id call it VG but the rest of the gun is in VG condition.

I had to pay tax (NC resident) so I paid more than most and I am satisfied. I did get it next day(Sent via USPS priority mail) since I only live 3 hours from the warehouse. :D

I was in Charlotte when I placed the order and wanted to go pick it up ASAP but they said they couldnt do that. Just an FYI for anyone.

It cost me almost $250 with the tax and shipping, and I already know that is a bit on the high side for the condition but its always good to support a local business in your community(I was born in Monroe and live there). The website is much better than most "gun store" websites and stomps that "Widners" store over the head in both web design and processing speed.

I will post pics later today after work.
Attachments
IMG_1619.JPG
Wear on the bluing near the muzzle.
Wear on the bluing near the muzzle.
The extra mag's plastic boot thing is chipped but the gun came with one good one. Both are fully functional.
The extra mag's plastic boot thing is chipped but the gun came with one good one. Both are fully functional.
Juggar

Post by Juggar »

Guys, I just realized my slide is plumb colored, I guess thats ok?
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Yeah. Plumb coloring has nothing to do with reliability or functionality that I know of. Just how your slide handled the blueing process. Should be just fine. How was the 2nd mag and holster? And Welcome to the Brotherhood. Give us a range report after you shoot it. And yours looks to be in pretty good shape. I paid a little more for mine and I think mine is in about the same shape. :mrgreen:
Juggar

Post by Juggar »

Ketchman wrote:Yeah. Plumb coloring has nothing to do with reliability or functionality that I know of. Just how your slide handled the blueing process. Should be just fine. How was the 2nd mag and holster? And Welcome to the Brotherhood. Give us a range report after you shoot it. And yours looks to be in pretty good shape. I paid a little more for mine and I think mine is in about the same shape. :mrgreen:
Thanks, 2nd mag works fine its just the plastic part is chipped. It fits perfectly in the holster though. I am taking my Concealed Carry License course on the 31st of Jan so I figured the deal was good for me at $219.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Good to hear. They said in the the advert that the plastic bottoms may have some chipping but should be functional. What kind of holster is it? And when will you shoot it, we are dying for a range report.
Juggar

Post by Juggar »

Ketchman wrote:Good to hear. They said in the the advert that the plastic bottoms may have some chipping but should be functional. What kind of holster is it? And when will you shoot it, we are dying for a range report.
Came with a "UTG" concealed carry holster, perfect size and fit. Clips onto your belt. I got a year pass for 2015 to the NC forest service ranges in the Nantahala Forest so probably the first day of January. Believe me, I am also dying to shoot it and my new Romanian TTC.

C&R licenses are awesome! :D

I will report back after I shoot it.
Attachments
IMG_1620.JPG
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Cool. Look forward to the report.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Nice example, I like plum colored parts.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Congrats....Sweet deal with 2 mags and holster, prices are finally coming down. I see were J&G has them for $199 in good condition but with only one mag and $229 in VG condition. Classic Arms for me has always been really good to deal with. Let us know how it functions when you get it cleaned up and put rds down range.
Juggar

Post by Juggar »

Went to the range and it is very accurate. Seemed that the blazer ammo I had was "hotter" than the winclean brass ammo.

Gave a nice sharp kick that left some slight bruising on the webbing of my hand. But nothing unbearable.

Overall, very pleased with it. Should make a great carry piece. Dont think I want any ammo much hotter than I had though! haha

Also shot my new Romanian Tokarev TTC, very easy to shoot and also accurate. Surprisingly it had less recoil.