P64's at J&G

Info, pictures, advice...
finloq

Re: P64's at J&G

Post by finloq »

My P64 (pictured) was from AIM

"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
kbuilta

Post by kbuilta »

norman wrote:Yes but lordy did they have to use 90 tons of pressure to imprint?? I can feel the edges of imprint.
Yeah, that's a bit extreme. I'm not looking at those ATF guidelines right now but I think it said the markings have to be .003" deep - somebody misread the decimal point on yours!
norman

Post by norman »

kbuilta wrote:
norman wrote:Yes but lordy did they have to use 90 tons of pressure to imprint?? I can feel the edges of imprint.
Yeah, that's a bit extreme. I'm not looking at those ATF guidelines right now but I think it said the markings have to be .003" deep - somebody misread the decimal point on yours!
You are correct. I think they put the decimal point after the 3. Feels and looks like they tried to go clear through the slide!! lol. Hope it wont crack the slide.
BikerNut

Post by BikerNut »

gemini1 wrote:Are the P64 at AIMs coming from different sources? I got this same one from them, made in 76 and the finish is very nice.
I recently got my P64 from AIM, also a '76. I was late getting on board with this, so I was afraid I would get a bottom-of-the-barrel gun.

It was in excellent shape but had lots of cosmoline on it. After I cleaned it, it would almost qualify as immaculate. I'm very pleased with it.