Recent purchase. Bad condition?

Info, pictures, advice...
gemini1

Re: Recent purchase. Bad condition?

Post by gemini1 »

Wait, Im a little confused. The P64 at AIMs is $259. and $10. more if you elect hand pick. So where did you get the $210. figure? Did AIMs replaced the pistol, or did they send another one for a discounted price that came out to $210.?

Hard to say if its worth keeping the old gun that has issues, you'll end up spending more trying to fix it. I think its also expensive if it ends up as source for parts.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

I am going to assume that they sent you a new your for your original purchase price and have offered to let you "keep" the old one so you won't have to pay to ship the old one back for a "discount" price. Considering the original one had so many issues that it does not even function that I think $210.00 is way too much. Considering it is currently only good as a parts gun I would offer them no more than $150.00 for it. If they won't take the deal then ship the old POS back. And pics of the new one please. :mrgreen:
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

+1 it is not a discount for the problems it has.

And I would hope they are paying shipping for the return.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Yeah I agree with Ketchman and Curly. For a P-64 that has as many problem as that one, essentially a parts gun, anything over $150 is to much. Send it back.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
Cloudystone

Post by Cloudystone »

Do you guys know how much to ship a handgun? Non licensees are not eligible to ship handguns via USPS. Ups and fedex only accept overnight shipping for handguns. That is very expensive. My local ffl wanted to charge transfer fee to ship it.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Did you fire the replacement yet?

If it works to your satisfaction I would pay the transfer fee, depending on if it is isn't something crazy, and have Aim pay for shipping the bad one back then you will be done with it.

As mentioned above $210 is not a bargain with the problems it has.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Cloudystone wrote:Do you guys know how much to ship a handgun? Non licensees are not eligible to ship handguns via USPS. Ups and fedex only accept overnight shipping for handguns. That is very expensive. My local ffl wanted to charge transfer fee to ship it.
AIM should pay for the return shipping. They should also do something about refunding you the transfer fee.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.