What else besides hammer spring, for smoother pull?

Info, pictures, advice...
gemini1

What else besides hammer spring, for smoother pull?

Post by gemini1 »

I goggled online but didn't find any. So maybe I should ask here.

Besides changing the hammer spring, to give your P64 a lighter pull. Has anyone done anything else to make it a little better than just a manageable DA trigger pull?
While waiting for the extractor I ordered in Poland, I'm thinking of doing a little more than just a light polishing on my P64.
I've already replaced the hammer spring to 18lbs. I dont think its wise to go any lower since it also affects the pull on single. And while I can now pull the trigger on DA, I still feel a heavy resistance, halfway through, its when the trigger bar engaging the sear/cut on the hammer.
Since a hammer replacement seems to be available at gun broker, I figured I start there, if I fail to give it a smoother pull.

If anyone has already done some kind of polishing, please post the how, what, where and if it did gave your pistol any noticeable change.

Thanks.
finloq

Re: What else besides hammer spring, for smoother pull?

Post by finloq »

I replaced the spring with an #18 as well. It was still almost impossible stiff, until I put about 50 rounds through her. Now she is tolerable.
pshootr

Post by pshootr »

See my post here:
viewtopic.php?p=51403#p51403
Subject: Polishing Hammer and Hammer Strut.

Posted with SwiftKey
gemini1

Post by gemini1 »

Thanks pshootr. Yes I did more than that. I've updated the other thread and showed how Ive done it.