Got my AIM P64... SWEET

Info, pictures, advice...
pcmacd

Got my AIM P64... SWEET

Post by pcmacd »

Had this puppy for several weeks from the current crop at AIM. Not been to the range yet.

I bought three of these; one to shoot, one to sell (sold!) and one as an investment. I expect it to do mo beddah than the Dow Jones over time.

They were all in really good shape. I mean, A +/-. Barrels all awesome. No rust anywhere. A few tiny dings... well, not really. Just some places where the blue got disturbed. The magazines were numbered with a vibrating engraver. Each came with one "matching" mag and one that din't.

Put the grips4u.net stocks on it (http://grips4u.net/category/pistol-grips/polish-radom/) They are awesome. See the picture. The stocks are amazing.
---> they have LOCATING PINS to hold the rear together!
Christ on a bicycle! Never seen anything like it before.

Changed to the Wolff 18# hammer spring. The SA pull stayed the same at a creepy 3.25#. The DA went from something I could hardly pull with one finger, to about 14#. Not too shabby. It is still heavy, but I can do it with one finger.

Only thing is, even though I have medium/small hands, if I am not careful when drawing the weapon, I will surely get a bite between the thumb and index fingers.

I am IN LOVE!!!!

I'll report back after a trip to the range.
Attachments
P64 Radom, left side P1010027.JPG
Last edited by pcmacd on October 22nd, 2014, 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Got my AIM P64... SWEET

Post by Curly1 »

That is a nice one and sweet grips.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Geep

Post by Geep »

Looks like you got a good one! It's amazing how you can get attached to these old guns.
pcmacd

Post by pcmacd »

Geep wrote:Looks like you got a good one! It's amazing how you can get attached to these old guns.
All three of them were quite excellent in finish.
finloq

Post by finloq »

Those grip4unet grips are quality products.