My First P-64

Info, pictures, advice...
BinaryBoris

My First P-64

Post by BinaryBoris »

My first P-64 arrived a little over a week ago from AIM Surplus for $275 delivered and is worth every penny. This beauty has lived up to the "Excellent+" description and has proven to be extremely accurate. If you are in the market for a P-64 (or a second one as was just the case with me) then jump on the AIM Surplus site and grab yourself one!

Hurryin' Hoosier
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Re: My First P-64

Post by Hurryin' Hoosier »

Sweet! Now you just need a set of Marschal grips. :wink:
"I'm just a poor white man, trying to make my way in the world." - Officer Andy Renko, "Hill Street Blues"
BinaryBoris

Post by BinaryBoris »

Hurryin' Hoosier wrote:Sweet! Now you just need a set of Marschal grips. :wink:
Yes sir!

I figured I needed a 2nd for two reasons. One of course was the possibility that another batch of Excellent+ in the near future is no sure thing. The other is so I can take the least pretty of the two and put some different grips on her.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Looks like you are loaded for bear!
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
BinaryBoris

Post by BinaryBoris »

Aye - I got a good deal on the Geco 9x18. I try to get ammo by the case when I can just so I cut down on the shipping costs per round. :)

I also made sure to get a set of reloading dies and some 95 grain Berry's plated projectiles. Looks like the 9x18 Makarov round can be reloaded (using my own brass) for less than $.15 a round. Just wading through data to find a good recipe.
dcsadmin

Post by dcsadmin »

Dennis makes the best grips!
BinaryBoris

Post by BinaryBoris »

Took my P64 out to the range for the second time today and this was my last grouping at 7 yards (standing, two hands). This little pistol is incredibly accurate. The first five 6-shot groups were all within 3-4" but this one stole the show and was a great way to end the day. Each ring is in 1" increments.

Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Nice shooting!
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
BinaryBoris

Post by BinaryBoris »

Thank you! I give a lot of credit to the quality and inherent accuracy of the pistol. I didn't pull off anything close to these good of groups with the Ruger LCP I was shooting along with this guy.

Just for kicks, I went back today with my brother-in-law so he could try out the P64 (he decided to buy one today). Managed another nice group (1" or so) at 7 yards and it opened up to about 4" at 10 yards.

This is less about my average marksmanship skills and more just to let folks know what this little pistol can do.

What an amazing firearm!!!

(I promise no more range target photos)
john9square

Post by john9square »

Wow. I'd say thats more than nice shooting, thats pretty amazing in my book.

I've written a few other posts about my accuracy troubles with my P64. I'm pretty sure its all me. Something about the size of the grip and the recoil has me doing some bad things.

Can you tell me how you sight in for your shots? Do you use the front post sight only, or aline the front with the rear groove? Or do you just see and aim? I'm no where close to your accuracy, but hoping to get there. Also doing lots of dry fire practice to get over whatever ails me.

Would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

-John
snailman153624

Post by snailman153624 »

If you take careful aim, it's not that hard to get groups like that at 25 yards.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Thats good if you could have the time to take careful aim if you are using it as a CCW.

Point and shoot at shorter distances would be the practice you need for carry.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary