New P-64 Owner Here - Thanks for having me!

Info, pictures, advice...
KonaCreek

New P-64 Owner Here - Thanks for having me!

Post by KonaCreek »

Hi everyone,

My P-64 was delivered yesterday, but I'm just now getting the chance to unbox it. I bought the pistol from AIM Surplus and I have had nothing but good experiences, but I am not sure about this pistol. They are listing them as Excellent + and seeing all the really nice ones in other post, I am wondering if mine might be a little under Excellent +? I am going to take care of it, regardless, but I was wondering what the nice people here (with much more knowledge) thought?

Thanks for having a place for new owners to learn and I look forward to contributing to this forum.

This little lady is from 1973:
Attachments
IMG_1036.JPG
IMG_1034.JPG
KonaCreek

Re: New P-64 Owner Here - Thanks for having me!

Post by KonaCreek »

Here is a picture of the other side, which is in much better condition, due to holster wear:
Attachments
IMG_1040.JPG
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum.

"These pistols are in excellent+ condition and will have minor metal finish wear if any "

Looks like they did cover themselves with the "minor metal wear" statement which is what yours looks like.

Now if they said unissued then I would have a problem with the wear on yours.

All in all a pretty nice piece.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Geep

Post by Geep »

It looks like you did ok! I think it is truly luck of the draw on what condition you get, but these overall look MUCH better than most I see on gun auction sites. Also you received one with the post 1972 features, which could be a nice thing. It has the newer style hammer making it easier to manual cock.
snailman153624

Post by snailman153624 »

These come up for sale locally around here, I have seen them at Gander Mountain and a few other places as well, for around $240. It's nice to be able to inspect something yourself before buying it.
KonaCreek

Post by KonaCreek »

Thanks for the replies, everyone - I really appreciate the feedback. After putting in some extra TLC in the cleaning process during a(the) football game (GO SEAHAWKS!), it isn't looking too bad. Hope you all are doing well.