New member with a recent purchase

Info, pictures, advice...
Geep

New member with a recent purchase

Post by Geep »

Hello, new to this site, but already have a few Polish firearms.
I just received a P-64 from AIM Surplus, these are the ones they rate as Excellent + on their site.
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=f3p64
I concur with their appraisal, at least for the one I received! Mine was manufactured in 1968 but it looks to have little usage. It has virtually no holster wear, no nicks or scrapes... very nice for a pistol that is 46 years old.
It came with 2 magazines, one marked with the serial number of the gun and an extra with a different number. The mag that was in the gun was the correct early style mag, the 2nd (mag on the left in below pic) was the later style with the longer feed lips. Contrary to what I have read, both work fine in my gun.

I am very happy with this purchase and would not hesitate to order another! I have bought a few firearms from AIM and have always received quality service.

The white on the front of the slide is light reflection.

NJ_SW

Re: New member with a recent purchase

Post by NJ_SW »

Amazing! That pistol looks to be in excellent condition :)

These P-64's are neat little pistols, I also ordered from AIM purchased 2 of them as with any surplus it seems to dry up.

Congrats on the purchase and thanks for the pics, nice looking pistol and great price from AIM :)
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Yes you got a nice one!
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Geep

Post by Geep »

I'm happy with the condition but I will say one thing, people are right about that double action pull! It's worse than any other gun I own, by far. I don't think this gun has many rounds through it, the action is very tight and the safety is not the easiest to work. But that's what makes these gun so fun, the chance to make it better! I'm ordering the 18# hammer spring and might try a different recoil spring also to see if I can make it a little easier to shoot.
NJ_SW

Post by NJ_SW »

Geep wrote:I'm happy with the condition but I will say one thing, people are right about that double action pull! It's worse than any other gun I own, by far. I don't think this gun has many rounds through it, the action is very tight and the safety is not the easiest to work. But that's what makes these gun so fun, the chance to make it better! I'm ordering the 18# hammer spring and might try a different recoil spring also to see if I can make it a little easier to shoot.
Hi,

I'm ordering springs for mine too, I plan on keeping 1 of them stock and the other I'm going to get aftermarket springs for to loosen the pull.

Mine will not be in for a few weeks or months in the state of NJ) but I've shot one and know is the DA pull could use some work and the springs (aftermarket) help.