Bad buy?

Info, pictures, advice...
NJ_SW

Bad buy?

Post by NJ_SW »

I purchased my first P64 off gunbroker, the slide has (what looks like) a LOT of wear and tear.

Waiting on it to get to my FFL next week, but from the auction pics did I make a bad choice? will this thing KABOOM on me and will it last a few hundred rounds? I'm worried I bought a bomb lol and should have gone with Classic or AIM.

Here are the pics of the gun: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =442258418
Donzi

Re: Bad buy?

Post by Donzi »

With the one notable exception of the badly damaged blueing, it seems to be in okay shape to me. Never saw one with a finish that bad. I wouldn't worry Til I got it in hand. Hate to tell you, but Pass are available @ lower prices on the net. See Aim, Classic, etc. Best of luck w/your new pistol.
"Jeez, Tommy, don't you believe in anything?
Yeah, I believe in ammo. As much as I can carry."
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to forum

I agree I think you overpaid for the condition compared to other offerings out there.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
jemsj4

Post by jemsj4 »

I'd with hold judgement until I looked at it. I will say, they usually look better in pics for that money. I'm sure it will work fine.
craig

Post by craig »

Classic had them on sale last week for $219 plus shipping of only $15. My gun came with two mags and in very good condition.
So maybe you overpaid by $100 or such - big deal! Whats a hundred dollars today. You can't go to a ballgame and not blow a hundred dollars any more. Enjoy your gun and don't look back.
There is no free lunch
Geep

Post by Geep »

Does the seller have multiples of this gun? It looks like they relisted another one just like the one you purchased.
Also the one in the picture looks like a later model (1974 on the slide), but it has an earlier style hammer?
Hurryin' Hoosier
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Hurryin' Hoosier »

That doesn't look like worn bluing, to me. It looks more like some sort of "coating" (or paint) which has been chipped. And I can't recall seeing the CAI import marks done like that and in that area. I think I'd take a good look at all the internals before I did anything else.
"I'm just a poor white man, trying to make my way in the world." - Officer Andy Renko, "Hill Street Blues"
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

this gun may be a parts gun put back together , it doesn't have the have the right hammer in it ether

Hurryin' Hoosier is right I never seen an import mark like that ether ,
, better off getting one from AIM or classic , think SOG has some now too
NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Hurryin' Hoosier wrote:That doesn't look like worn bluing, to me. It looks more like some sort of "coating" (or paint) which has been chipped. And I can't recall seeing the CAI import marks done like that and in that area. I think I'd take a good look at all the internals before I did anything else.

It looks like a lot of the CZ82 chipping you see on the paint coating they applied.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
NJ_SW

Post by NJ_SW »

I emailed them and told them to refund my money, I purchased 3 pistols from them (including a CZ-83) and all were misrepresented.

They didn't ship them but still tried to pull the "20% restocking fee" on me, never told me about the restocking fee over the phone.

When they sent me an email (I ordered over the phone) I looked up the item numbers and found that they were GunBroker auctions for the pistols from the same seller (Sovereign Guns) and noticed the excessive wear, etc. which they described the CZ and P64 as being in very good condition with only minor marks. YEAH RIGHT!

They told me "we can hand select a better one for you" but still kept up with the whole "they are in great condition!" bull crap...Told 'em no thanks, you lied to me about condition and when a company tries to screw you on a order like this it's better to turn away.

I called the credit card company, they put a freeze on my card and now I'm waiting for the people at Sovereign Guns to refund my money, just promises so far with no refund.

I would tell people to avoid Sovereign Guns, the company misrepresents products and sells crap. I looked them up after my purchase and found they have a F rating with BBB amongst other things.

I guess I had to learn the hard way, and being in NJ I need a multiple pistol exemption form and pistol permits which can take months to receive from the State Police before I can even touch them.

My FFL agreed AIM Surplus is a good company and I ordered 2 of the P-64's from AIM today, hopefully they will be good shooters :)

Thanks guys for the info on mismatch, etc. and general opinions, I'm new to the world of surplus and the 2 P-64's and the 2 TTC-33's (got those from J&G) should get me off to a good start.
NJ_SW

Post by NJ_SW »

craig wrote:Classic had them on sale last week for $219 plus shipping of only $15. My gun came with two mags and in very good condition.
So maybe you overpaid by $100 or such - big deal! Whats a hundred dollars today. You can't go to a ballgame and not blow a hundred dollars any more. Enjoy your gun and don't look back.
Overpaid for a POS? That IS a big deal!

Read my post about the company, it's not hard to draw to the conclusion they sell overpriced junk and with the cost of return shipping and "20% restocking fee" you know very, very few will return it (half of what it's worth to return it, figuring in shipping and restocking).
NJ_SW

Post by NJ_SW »

normsutton wrote:this gun may be a parts gun put back together , it doesn't have the have the right hammer in it ether

Hurryin' Hoosier is right I never seen an import mark like that ether ,
, better off getting one from AIM or classic , think SOG has some now too
NORM
That's what I started to think, maybe they bought frames or incomplete pistols and just started fitting parts, etc. and if that's the case make it known to the customer before the sale not after :roll:

Import mark is strange, I looked up P-64's from the same import company and could not find others stamped like that and when you pointed out the hammer you are 100% right it's not even the correct hammer for it based on pics I've seen.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Let us know how the AIM pistols work out, I think you will be happier with them.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
NJ_SW

Post by NJ_SW »

Thank you :)

I will post pics when the AIM pistols come in.

I'm fighting with Sovereign Guns to receive my refund, it seems they are trying to get around issuing the refund and now I have to fight with my credit card company to file a dispute and a charge back.

Of course, the charge from the other company posted on my account and now if AIM runs my card it will be declined, Ughh!

Should I email AIM and see if they can split the charge between two cards? I would hate for them to email me saying it was declined and by the time I log on to AIM to use my other card the darn things are sold out (I always seem to have bad luck lol).
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Yea I would call AIM and splain to them the circumstances of why you are doing business with them now and the CC issue.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary