Another (Yet Another) New Member

Info, pictures, advice...
dmarbell

Another (Yet Another) New Member

Post by dmarbell »

My name is Danny, and I just bought my first P-64. Based on the advice here, I just took off the slide and recoil spring, and the grips, and it's soaking in mineral spirits.

My gun is supposedly new-old stock, never-issued 1975 model. The DA trigger pull is as heavy as a Polish housewife. It almost takes two hands to snap it. I bought about 200 rounds of FMJ to shoot through it, so I'll do that and see how it feels.

I was intrigued at first with the EFA-2 holster, but it seems like it's not practical for CCW. I'll do some searching on holsters, but I wouldn't mind some recommendations.

Danny
Ducky

Re: Another (Yet Another) New Member

Post by Ducky »

Welcome, this place is great, just look through the gear forum for the appropriate holster. I've settled on the sig pocket holster for me, as this will be my BUG.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum Danny.

I use the Remora line of IWB holsters for all my carry weapons.

One size fits multiple pistols.

http://www.remoraholsterstore.com/no-cl ... 120&page=1

They also come up on ebay fairly often which is where I have won mine.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
jemsj4

Post by jemsj4 »

This is what I use. I've used it for almost 2 years. It is starting to wear a little. They also make a non-tuckable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190699479204?ss ... 1423.l2649
wlockridge

Post by wlockridge »

Welcome to the forum my friend. I normally carry mine in an Uncle Mikes size 1 left handed holster. I'm right handed but I normally carry in the middle of my back inside the waistband. A right handed holster has the butt facing the wrong direction. I also have an original P 64 shoulder holster which I also use in the winter months. Again, welcome.
Shoot first, Shoot straight, and hit what you're aiming at, if you can do these things and have six rounds of ammo, you'll have two thirds more than you need to prevail.