Finished Duracoat project

Info, pictures, advice...
Dan019

Finished Duracoat project

Post by Dan019 »

I was looking for holster recommendations here but couldn't find anything that would work for me.

Saw this on Hickock45 review so I researched it some more and then bought one. It's a Nate Squared @ N82 Tactical. I never cared for iwb holsters but I really like this one. I usually use my pocket holster, but this is very comfortable.

Also finished the duracoat. The beauty of these pistols really comes thru when refinished. My finish from Classic Firearms was a little bit subpar but I didn't care b/c I always intended to refinish it myself. Colors are Stone on the frame and slide and CavArms Coyote Brown on highlight parts.

BTW I bought a second one to carry until this one has proper time to cure. I'm thinking cerakote C (air care) in a semi gloss black for #2. I have a pair of Marschal grips in walnut on order for it.

Also I would like to thank juniustaylor for your videos on assembly/disassembly. Your videos made this possible so THANK YOU juniustaylor.

Dan
Attachments
p64 duracoat .jpg
N82holster.jpg
Ducky

Re: Finished Duracoat project

Post by Ducky »

Did you Duracoat the grip as well or did you get ZeeBorg to make a set?
Dan019

Post by Dan019 »

I sprayed the grips.

Also after holding the painted magazine in front of the duracoat color chart I believe the color is actually cav arms dark earth and not the Coyote Brown I originally posted. But the bottle definitely says Cav Arms Coyote Brown .

I mixed a bit extra hardener in it to give it a slight gloss, don't know if you can tell in the picture.
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

It looks great, thanks for sharing.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Nice rig.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary