Another (ANOTHER) new member

Info, pictures, advice...
Ducky

Another (ANOTHER) new member

Post by Ducky »

Just wanted to thank the community for being here. I've been lurking for weeks while debating buying a p64, and based on your advice I picked up stiffer wolff recoil springs, lighter wolff hammer springs, and pachmayr decelerator grips. I have a Russian commercial Makarov I've recently rediscovered and fallen in love with, so I thought I'd expand my collection in the caliber.
wlockridge

Re: Another (ANOTHER) new member

Post by wlockridge »

Welcome to the forum Ducky! If you have one of these well made firearms you're definitely in the right place. The first time I held mine it was love at first sight and I've carried it ever since. I would only carry a revolver for the 20+ years that I spent in law enforcement but this little gem really changed my mind. With a minimum of maintenance I have found it to be a reliable and trusted friend. Take care of it and it will take care of you. Again, welcome.
Bill
Shoot first, Shoot straight, and hit what you're aiming at, if you can do these things and have six rounds of ammo, you'll have two thirds more than you need to prevail.
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

I don't have this gorgeous piece of history yet, though I've been neurotically hitting the refresh button on USPS.com to see if my package has been delivered to my FFL yet. I'm hoping I get notification by 3:30, else I won't get it until tomorrow, and that's a whole 'nother day!
wlockridge

Post by wlockridge »

I hear ya! It's worth the wait.
Shoot first, Shoot straight, and hit what you're aiming at, if you can do these things and have six rounds of ammo, you'll have two thirds more than you need to prevail.
jemsj4

Post by jemsj4 »

LOL. Didn't Tom Petty sing, "The waiting is the hardest part?" I'm waiting on another one myself.
jemsj4

Post by jemsj4 »

BTW- Welcome from SW FL!
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Well, according to my tracking number it made it to my FFL.... after hours. Doh! So hopefully we'll try again tomorrow. Maybe I'll get it by the end of the week. I did get my Wolff Springs though, and I'm ogling them as if they were the gun. :-)
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Ducky wrote:Well, according to my tracking number it made it to my FFL.... after hours. Doh! So hopefully we'll try again tomorrow. Maybe I'll get it by the end of the week. I did get my Wolff Springs though, and I'm ogling them as if they were the gun. :-)
Don't forget to grind flat the end of the recoil spring. If you don't it can cause fitting problems.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to forum.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

I picked it up at my FFL today. It's a very nicely finished 1973 CAI imported P64. Both magazines that it came with are in great shape, though the serial numbers don't match the gun.

It is absolutely drenched in oil, so I'll be tearing it down and working it with mineral spirits. The only down side so far is that the safety doesn't decock the hammer, so I'll be searching for detailed instructions on teardown since i assume the last person who reassembled it put something in the wrong place.
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Looks like the disconnector might be broken, since the gun won't decock after being safed. I've reached out to classic firearms, hopefully their support isn't as bad as it's been purported. Otherwise I'll buy another disconnector for $25 or so.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

I would think they would take it back or send you the part.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

I hope so Curly1, but Classic Firearms is known for their great products, not their great support. We'll see how it turns out. Even so, looks like a cheap and easy fix :-)
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Got a reply from Classic Firearms, thought I'd post it here. So far so good.

Robert,

Sorry to hear of the issue with your pistol. Your satisfaction is our ultimate goal and you can rest assured that we here at Classic Firearms will support you in any way possible to get this problem corrected.

In this instance Century Arms handles the warranty / repair work on those directly and unlike us, as the importer they can return or replace the firearm directly to you without re-involving your dealer. We realize you purchased the product from us and in the end we will be sure that you are taken care of, but in this instance they can actually address your concern more effectively than we can as they can replace or repair directly to you.

We have a wonderful young lady named Cora St. Marie who acts as our customer service rep within Century and I have copied her here. I would expect that you will hear from her within 24 hours.

If you have not heard back from them in a timely manner, or if they do not offer a solution that meets your expectations , please contact us back and we will intervene.

Cora, Please see thread below and take care of Mr.Duke. His serial # is XXXXXXX and his issue is reflected below the customer information.

Thanks

Aaron
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Century got back to me the next day and sent me a prepaid FedEx shipping label. I sent the p64 in and haven't yet heard from them, though the tracking number says it was delivered. Have any of you ever had to deal with Century? What's the average turnaround time on warranty repair?