Radom Factory Parts Available!

Info, pictures, advice...
LantanaTX

Radom Factory Parts Available!

Post by LantanaTX »

Check out this seller, There are a bunch of P-64 parts listed. Looks like factory NOS parts at good prices.

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?In ... ers=467151

I just bought 2 mags, holster, cleaning rod, and a set of grips!
Hurryin' Hoosier
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Re: Radom Factory Parts Available!

Post by Hurryin' Hoosier »

"Laukart", as he calls himself on GunBroker, has been around for a long time. I've made several purchases from him. Good guy to deal with.
"I'm just a poor white man, trying to make my way in the world." - Officer Andy Renko, "Hill Street Blues"
Jerry Rig

Post by Jerry Rig »

I just bought a P 64 (1976) this week and need an additional magazine. I saw your post and checked the GB site, and these are Polish military surplus parts. Did the magazine you bought fit your gun? Reading some info., there are different magazines for the P 64 (military vs. police issue; 7 rnd vs. 6 rnd). Do you have any insight in finding the right magazine?
Hurryin' Hoosier
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

I have had a 1972 model for several years. All I can tell you is that I have never bought a genuine Polish military magazine which did not work.
"I'm just a poor white man, trying to make my way in the world." - Officer Andy Renko, "Hill Street Blues"
Jerry Rig

Post by Jerry Rig »

Thanks for the reply Hurryin' Hoosier. I have bid on a similar magazine on GB and hope to get it. I will keep searching for deals to pick up a few more.

The info. I was reading on the main forum page stated "The team developed two different prototypes called CZAK (acronym of designer's last names): model M (milicyjny - police model) and model W (wojskowy - military model). The two models differed in magazine capacity and external dimensions (the military model had longer barrel and 7-round magazine)."
Wacousta

Post by Wacousta »

I'm new to the P64, but I learned that a post 1972 pistol will work with any mag. A pre-1972 might have problems with later mags.

The later mags have slightly longer feed lips, which can be ground/filed back to match the older mags. I did this with a late mag, and it seems to work fine in my 1969.
Teneo lupum auribus.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

Jerry Rig wrote:Thanks for the reply Hurryin' Hoosier. I have bid on a similar magazine on GB and hope to get it. I will keep searching for deals to pick up a few more.

The info. I was reading on the main forum page stated "The team developed two different prototypes called CZAK (acronym of designer's last names): model M (milicyjny - police model) and model W (wojskowy - military model). The two models differed in magazine capacity and external dimensions (the military model had longer barrel and 7-round magazine)."
Jerry Rig
where did you read that

http://www.p64resource.com/specs.php

never heard that be fore

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
LantanaTX

Post by LantanaTX »

Wacousta wrote:I'm new to the P64, but I learned that a post 1972 pistol will work with any mag. A pre-1972 might have problems with later mags.

The later mags have slightly longer feed lips, which can be ground/filed back to match the older mags. I did this with a late mag, and it seems to work fine in my 1969.
I don't have a pre-'72 nor do I have a post '72. I have a '72. What mags work with a '72?
Jerry Rig

Post by Jerry Rig »

Norm,

I quoted this from the Unofficial P64 web site http://www.p64resource.com/.
Hurryin' Hoosier
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Jerry Rig wrote:Thanks for the reply Hurryin' Hoosier. I have bid on a similar magazine on GB and hope to get it. I will keep searching for deals to pick up a few more.

Here's the rest of the story, Jerry: "During the evaluation phase which took place in 1961, both pistols were compared and the Model M was selected over the Model W.[1] It was then rechambered for the Makarov round and improved with a modified slide catch (the external catch button was removed) and better ergonomics."

What we know as the P-64 was the Model M. The Model W (I guess) was deep-sixed.
Hurryin' Hoosier
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

LantanaTX wrote:
Wacousta wrote:I'm new to the P64, but I learned that a post 1972 pistol will work with any mag. A pre-1972 might have problems with later mags.

I don't have a pre-'72 nor do I have a post '72. I have a '72. What mags work with a '72?
As I said, I also have a 1972 model, and have never had an issue with the military surplus magazines which I've purchased.
wlockridge

Post by wlockridge »

It really doesn't matter all that much which year magazine you get. If you get the later style you just have to dress up the lips on top with a Dremel tool. It's not that big of a deal. There's a thread on this site that gives explicit instructions on how to do it. They all fit in the weapon. Stay safe.
Shoot first, Shoot straight, and hit what you're aiming at, if you can do these things and have six rounds of ammo, you'll have two thirds more than you need to prevail.
LantanaTX

Post by LantanaTX »

I received all the parts I ordered from Laukart, holster, cleaning rod, 2 mags, and grips. Everything was perfect and brand new! The mags look so good, I almost don't want to insert them into the gun. The grips where not drilled though, I am sure they are brand new!
rtz

Post by rtz »

Fast forward this video up to 4:03 and he talks about and shows a picture of the two different magazines:

Hurryin' Hoosier
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

No idea who this guy is, or what makes him an "expert" on anything. And I won't argue that there might be some differences in magazines, depending when and by whom they were made. To reiterate, though, I have a 1972 which has worked just fine with every magazine I've put in it.