Orderd my P-64 today

Info, pictures, advice...
LantanaTX

Orderd my P-64 today

Post by LantanaTX »

After getting my daily email from Classic Firearms I noticed they had P-64's for $219.00 I was looking for a CCW pistol that would be smaller than my CZ82 and this looked liked a cool gun. I did a bunch of research including reading posts on here and decided to make the purchase! As soon as the purchase was complete, I made another purchase from Wolf Springs. Can't wait for it to get here!
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Orderd my P-64 today

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum, post pics when you get it.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
jemsj4

Post by jemsj4 »

Welcome from SW Fl. You're probably going to love the P64, if you can get past the HEAVY double action pull. Not all are bad though. I purchased 2 a few years back. I gave the better one to my brother for his back up/ off duty weapon. (He lost everything in a divorce). Anyway the one I kept I can shoot fine rt handed. Left hand I have to thumb back the hammer before I can shoot it. I can't squeeze the trigger, I have to yank it to use it double action. A set of Wolff springs are in my future. www.gunsprings.com . Good luck on your purchase. I hope you get a really nice one.
LantanaTX

Post by LantanaTX »

I have already placed an order for the Wolf Springs and wood grips from Grips4U.com They will probably be here before the gun. Everything I have read has led me to believe that with just a couple of fixes, this gun is probably better than the other choices I looked at which where primarily Eastern bloc guns in 9x18. As of now I am a strictly CZ type shooter with a CZ52, CZ83, and CZ75 compact clone by Canik.
LantanaTX

Post by LantanaTX »

Well, the wood grips from Grips4U arrived today and they are beautiful. Only took two days to get them! I will post pictures as soon as the gun arrives.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Pics man, pics!! :mrgreen:
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
tlandon

Post by tlandon »

Hand polished slide(by me) painted stock grips(by me). Waiting for frame to be flat black coated by gunsmith. Should look really good when all put back together.
Attachments
P64 grips slide 001.JPG
P64 grips slide 002.JPG
LantanaTX

Post by LantanaTX »

The new P64 arrived at my FFL today and I hope to be able to pick it up tomorrow. The wolf springs arrived today as well. One question I have is the recoil spring came packaged with a small spring that looks like a firing pin spring. In another bag was the new hammer spring. I am not sure what the extra spring is for as I only ordered two springs. does the hammer spring come with a new firing pin spring? It would make sense that you might need a lighter firing pin spring if you are reducing the hammer spring.

Nice work above! What will keep the polished slide from pitting or rusting?
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Yes that is a new FP spring.

I never installed mine and have had no problems.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary