Opening of FB Radom USA, in Texas coming soon.

Info, pictures, advice...
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Opening of FB Radom USA, in Texas coming soon.

Post by Weasel640 »

Looks like the Polish firearms manufacturer wants to get in on the U.S. market. The below link mainly discusses rifles, however hopefully they'll consider bringing back some of their popular pistols as well.

http://jerkingthetrigger.com/2014/04/12 ... to-the-us/
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
EMS

Re: Opening of FB Radom USA, in Texas coming soon.

Post by EMS »

The good news is that FB Radom finally noticed there is a large civilian gun market in the US.

The bad news is that the Radom factory went through a bankruptcy in the early 2000's so while FB Radom is the direct historical descendant of the earlier Radom factory it is no longer it's legal descendant. For an example during the bankruptcy both the "11 in a circle" logo and the plan s to make the MAG-98 pistol were bought by the "Works 11" company http://www.works11.com/
I don't know who owns the plans to the P-64 and P-83 pistols, I made a call to the Radom factory in Poland a while back and they said they no longer produce parts for the P-64 or P-83.

Edit: They are probably preparing to start selling the new MSBS assault rifles in the US.
(current look of the 2014 MSBS) http://www.altair.com.pl/news/view?news_id=13031
Hurryin' Hoosier
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Hurryin' Hoosier »

EMS wrote:The good news is that FB Radom finally noticed there is a large civilian gun market in the US.

The bad news is that the Radom factory went through a bankruptcy in the early 2000's so while FB Radom is the direct historical descendant of the earlier Radom factory it is no longer it's legal descendant. For an example during the bankruptcy both the "11 in a circle" logo and the plan s to make the MAG-98 pistol were bought by the "Works 11" company http://www.works11.com/
Ciekawe. Można tłumaczyć? :?
"I'm just a poor white man, trying to make my way in the world." - Officer Andy Renko, "Hill Street Blues"
Hurryin' Hoosier
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

This does remind me of a question which I keep meaning to ask. Was there some significance to the old firearms plant in Bulgaria (where the Bulgarian PMs were made) being "circle 10" and the plant in Radom, Poland being "circle 11"? Was there some sort of numbering system which the Soviets devised for the Warsaw Pact countries?
"I'm just a poor white man, trying to make my way in the world." - Officer Andy Renko, "Hill Street Blues"
MakAttack

Post by MakAttack »

The last pict on that page made we wince. Muzzle discipline! Don't shoot a hole in your hand...
EMS

Post by EMS »

Hurryin' Hoosier wrote:This does remind me of a question which I keep meaning to ask. Was there some significance to the old firearms plant in Bulgaria (where the Bulgarian PMs were made) being "circle 10" and the plant in Radom, Poland being "circle 11"? Was there some sort of numbering system which the Soviets devised for the Warsaw Pact countries?
I checked and it seems every Warsaw Pact country had it's own different symbol for marking firearms. Polish firearms were marked with a number in a oval (not a circle as I had written before), Czechoslovakian firearms were marked with a number in a circle and Bulgarian firearms with a number in a double circle.

Some numbers for Polish firearms factories:
11- Radom
06 - HC Poznań ("Cegielski" steelworks in Poznań)
12 - Huta Balidon ("Balidon" steelworks in Katowice)
53 - Wifama Łódź ("Wifama" factory in Radom)
MakAttack wrote:The last pict on that page made we wince. Muzzle discipline! Don't shoot a hole in your hand...
That's the constructor of a new handgun from the Radom factory. The picture of the handgun is blurred because it has been shown to journalists but it has not been presented to the general public yet.
Hurryin' Hoosier
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

EMS wrote:
Hurryin' Hoosier wrote:... Czechoslovakian firearms were marked with a number in a circle ...
They were? I have a vz.52, a vz.50, a vz.70, and two vz.82s and none of them have a number in a circle. The vz.52 pistol does have a "T" in a circle on the barrel. Maybe you mis-typed.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

IIRC the rifles were marked with a circle 2.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary