Are we ever gonna get 9x18 ammo?

Info, pictures, advice...
acmech

Re: Are we ever gonna get 9x18 ammo?

Post by acmech »

BinaryBoris wrote:FWIW on the cost savings of reloading …

8¢ bullet, 2.5¢ primer, 3.5¢ powder, my once-fired brass = 14¢ round vs 32¢ new in brass cases.
100 rounds in 45 minutes while taking my time and being careful (based on my output of 9mm and 40S&W).

If I considered the cost of my time (even though I actually do it for fun and a stress reliever) that's $18 savings in 45 minutes, or $24/hour.

The trick for me has been at the margins when buying components. When I buy primers I wait for a sale and buy them in bulk to offset the HazMat fees. I did the same for powder and bullets.

Yes reloading does take an investment to start up (especially with a progressive press) but it absolutely saves money over time - especially if you shoot a lot.

Of course it is not for everyone and I respect that.
I agree. Being setup to reload, I had a choice the other day. Either I could buy 500 rnds of silverbear fmjs or buy 1,500 makarov bullets (1,000 berrys plated and 500 hardcast), 100 pieces of brass and a set of Lee dies for about the same amount of cash. I've got over 500 pieces of 9mm range pick up brass I'll trim and use also. The more you reload, the more you shoot, the more you save. Where it really pays off is shooting 45 acp, 44 mag, 45 long colt, and rifle calibers, you're talking 1/4 the price of a box of new ammo.