What is the date on your P-64 ?

Post by himmel »

wow, a whole mob of "mob guns"... LOL!
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Now we have a tie for the most, bzinggg stepped up to the plate with another two, way to go, who else has 4 or more?

Papabear
POINT SHOOTER
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

carguy & anjdrifter,

This might answer some of your questions:

The P-64 was designed during the late fifties by a team of Polish army officers. The team developed two different prototypes called CZAK (acronym of designer's last names): model M (milicyjny — police model) and model W (wojskowy — military model). The two models differed in magazine capacity and external dimensions (the military model had longer barrel and 7-round magazine). In 1961, CZAK model M was chosen to replace the Russian Tokarev TT-33 pistol as the standard service pistol of the Polish military, police and government security agencies. Production started in the middle sixties under the official designation "9 mm pistolet wz. 1964" (9 mm pistol model 1964). 1972 saw introduction of minor changes to the trigger mechanism and shape of the hammer (larger hammer spur).
POINT SHOOTER
marktx

Post by marktx »

Mines a 1970 Igot from MGS a while back , and has triangular hammer. It doesn't appear tobe rearsenaled. Coould it have been built with the triangular hammer?

Mark
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Papabear: What I'm getting is that we might be looking at C&R eligibilty within the next 4 to 7 years? Wouldn't it be nice to find a 1961 manufacture date to qualify in a few years?

Since the BATF reg says a gun on the C&R list OR 50 years old would that mean the model (P64) qualifies in 2011 (even those made in late 60's or 70's) or only those individual ones manufactured 50 years or more ago?

As an example, EG Makarovs are on the C&R list, were any manufactured after 1950's? If so are they C&R eligible because the model originated it's manufacture over 50 years ago??

The more I type the more I'm confusing myself!!!
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

carguy,

I gotcha, I'm just a little slow, and I forgot you live in Mass., not necessarily the land of the "Free". It would be great to have one of the prototypes, however, from the late 50's to 1964 there were only prototypes made, the M's and the W's and in '64 they finally went into production with the M's, and the first one's made were in 1964, so for them to be C&R we would have to wait till 2014, yelp, about 7 years, and for some of us, including myself, by that time, I may be out of the mood and moved on to something else. As a collector [accumulator as my wife calls me] I go by the adage, "So many guns, so little money" now that I am retired. But for you younger guys that's a good thought about C&R's for the P-64's, I just hope that our government doesn't put a end to all of this, then it won't make any difference, but keep up the hope.

Best,

Papabear
Last edited by papabear on March 15th, 2007, 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Mines a 1970 Igot from MGS a while back , and has triangular hammer. It doesn't appear tobe rearsenaled. Coould it have been built with the triangular hammer?
Don't think so. but any thing is possible, we have seen this before, and thats why we think some were rearsenaled, or maybe the wholesalers did it, one way or the other this is not unusual for military weapons. The Triangular hammer didn't come about till '72.

Papabear
Last edited by papabear on March 15th, 2007, 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Papabear,
I resemble that remark! What do you mean Massachusetts is "not necessarily the home of the free"? I can do anything the government tells me I can do!

Don't it suck.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

yup
duggi60
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by duggi60 »

Carguy -- why do you think moving vans were invented for,
make tracks out of your less than free state.

::)
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

carguy,

I resembled that remark too when I lived in the "Gestapo" state of Illinois, had to have a FOID card just to buy ammo. Now that I'm back home in Kentucky, life is much better.

Papabear
POINT SHOOTER
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

I'm too young (and too poor) to retire and too old to up and move again (3 times in <10 years with work) and I need to make sure my kids are established before I start stealing my freedom back!! But boy I'd like to make my sister's place in NH my residence of record!!! There has been talk of another transfer to either Nashville or Dallas but no rush as yet....maybe someday!
halljt3

Post by halljt3 »

1977 it's a beauty!
kurremkarm

Post by kurremkarm »

1969 made same year i was born.
mellisallen

Post by mellisallen »

1977 triangle hammer and an "A" on the frame (when did that marking start?)