Thanks just ordered two!
dalek

Re: Surplus P64 9x18 6rnd magazine

Post by dalek »

Out of stock right now but I can wait
GOTGOO

Post by GOTGOO »

I ordered two and the followers are shorter than the ones that came with my gun. So are they actually surplus mags or was there a design change at some point? Thanks.

Sent from my EVO using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
WayniacKT

Post by WayniacKT »

gotgoo,
in '72 Radom updated the P-64. One of the updates was apparently a feed ramp change. From 72 forward the feed lips of the magazines are longer than in the pre 72 guns. The older mags will work in a 72> guns but from what I understand the newer mags will not work in the pre 72 guns.

Here's a vid from "firydeth" about the pistol. He talks about the magazine issue at around minuite 4.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bITR5RJc6Gs
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

For what it's worth, I bought 3 pistols (at first...) - one for me and one each for my 2 grandsons. (Whose got the coolest grandpa in the world?!?! :mrgreen: ) I got 1 - 1977, 1 - 1975 and 1 - 1968. All accompanied by 2 mags. Needless to say, when we have P64 day at the range, the mags get mixed up. I can't say we've ever had problems mixing and matching the 6 mags. I eventually marked them correctly, I think) but mixing them up never seemed to matter. That's not gospel, just my experience, but ......
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
dashman77

Post by dashman77 »

From combing this site I have discovered one truth. Nothing is standard with these pistols. Someone said the older guns won't function reliably with the newer mags but vise versa works... I have a 1969 and the newer style mag with the extended lips functions flawlessly but the older style ( I got one of each with mine) has a slightly tight fit and I have experienced a few hicups with it. Since I bought mine at least third had, its hard to say what previous owners did to it but that is just my experience so far. Going to try some internal spring swaps soon and see what that does. I would love to have access to a bucket full of random magazines to examine and shoot.
Let the donkies bray, help you find the a$$ in the group.
BeoBill

Post by BeoBill »

Try compressing the feed lips at the top of the mag slightly. That may help. Got that from a Makarov forum addressing the same thing.