I have a 3 dot and a 1 dot.

Info, pictures, advice...
Ergo

I have a 3 dot and a 1 dot.

Post by Ergo »

I ordered two p64's. One was bad so we sent it back. Got a replacement and when I was looking at them carefully noticed that one had 3 dots on top and the other had one dot. The 3 dot has a smoother trigger and safety although both are nice.
Does anyone have any information on the differences? I assume that there is a 2 dot and maybe a 4 dot. Is it the rebuilders mark to show how much wear is in the gun?
darrell

Re: I have a 3 dot and a 1 dot.

Post by darrell »

Mine has a dot inside a square. I haven't heard anything on P-64s but there was a discussion about this on CZ-52s. I will try and look that up. The dots may or may not serve the same purpose. Following from a forum and will give you an idea about how hard it maybe to find out the actual meaning of the dots as opposed to a theory.
Last edited by darrell on June 30th, 2012, 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darrell

Post by darrell »

:D I love the 52, more than any other Milsurp and currently have 3 of them which all were made in 53, 1 is Mint Gray Phosphate and has 1 dot on slide, no other unusual marks, 2nd is Mint also 1 dot, but was issued with the Plain Metal finish and black Holster (somewhat rare, the plain or no finish, as well as black holster) but was refurbed 2X and thus stamped with yr. and a VOZ on top of slide as well as a voz in an Oval circle on frame.
The 3rd also 1 dot was refurbed 4X, the last time in 95 and is reblued and does have a few pins spiked, however no VOZ marks, but does have what
i believe to be a hardness test on frame which consists off 4 oval shapes overlapping on lower frame, but no VOZ, so it seems no pattern was followed.
All i know in 95 when i bought my first, everybody was always talking about that these guns all have 1 to 4 dots, to signify accuracy testing at the factory when produced aand so everybody always wanted a 1 dot gun.
Then in around 99 all of a sudden some popped up with 6 or more dots, have heard of as many as 13 dots, and then all the theories appeared as well as reports of some having no dots, so the only thing done on a consistant basis was to stamp the gun when it went to Arsenal, which could have been something as simply as a firing pin or a busted grip!
I have read all info avail. and even contacted the folks at CZ USA as well as checked on the CZ Forum and nobody knows anything!
However each time a gun went to the Arsenal it was brought back to 100% specs, it does seem the "Dot" Theory started in 89 or so by a Book Author and was quoted by all for a long time, but how he reached his conclusion or what evidence he had is unknown!
A Czech Govt official did respond to a letter and answered questions regarding aspects of the Guns as well as markings, but never mentioned the "Dots", (link is posted in earlier post by "Squeaky Duck").
But it would make sense not to disclose dots meaning, since if the acc. theory was true, nobody would want be guns which had more.
So maybe this system was used for a while, which would explain a few having no dot, but it also seems the dots at first were evenly spaced and then all of a sudden, just all over the slide.
Also there were rumors that a Importer did their best to discredit the Dot Theory and stamped extra dots on those which had more than 1 dot originally.
All of these guns were made in 52 & 53, about 200.000 which meant they really were putting in a lot of Overtime, also these guns were observed in use as late as 2000 by some high ranking Officials.
Also in about 2000 out of nowhere the alledged "Decocker" Problem appeared, while this could happen to extremely worn parts or no or improper refurb by an Importer, which did for a while in about 98 or so did have these guns refurbed stateside, with dubious results and had a massive recall on a few thousand, then they had them all refurbed again overseas.
Also there were poor quality Korean parts sold for these, which wore out quickly and many of the Decocker problems came when some installed a non-mil. spec Firing Pins, to relieve trigger slap on some guns, 1 type of this F/Pin bypasses Decocker function 100% another type about 50%,and when these are then sold, the next owner will have a A/D.
I have never had 1 problem out of any,and all have been shot and tested many times over!:D
However, i would not buy another unless it had only 1 Dot!
Ergo

Post by Ergo »

My 3 dot gun looks better than the one dot gun. I can not detect any difference in accuracy.

Of the three P64s that I have handled the 3 dot has the lightest trigger. Maybe smoother because of wear?

Yep the cz52 is a neat gun. I like the t33 better but both are real cannons. Never quite sure why they chose the mak round instead of the potent 30 cal.
PA-Joe

Post by PA-Joe »

Hardness test.