New Member & New P64

Info, pictures, advice...
Retiredmajor

New Member & New P64

Post by Retiredmajor »

Hi everyone. I just joined the forum here and also just received my new P64 today. I've been lurking and learning up until now (I'll keep learning) but thought I'd join the forum. I bought my P64 on Gunbroker. It's new, unissued and looks great. Not a mark on it! I'm something of a collector and really liked my Bulgarian Makarov. I'd been reading about these and they piqued my interest. I like the all steel, small size and the 9X18 round.

The double action trigger pull is pretty hard and the single action is very light. I may look into buying the trigger springs, but I want to shoot it first. I'll carry it, and I like the idea of a long double action pull as I'll probably carry with the hammer decocked and the safety off.

I'm a fan of the Don Hume JIT slide holsters and I read here that the Don Hume #18 for the Walther PPK fits the P64 perfectly. Can someone who own one confirm that?

Anyway...I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. I look forward to learning more.

Major
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: New Member & New P64

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum Major.

I would review this thread before deciding on carry with the safety off.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4378
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Major, it appears the JIT 59 and 42 fit the P-64 well. See here...
http://p64resource.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4401

Welcome!
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
Docmow1

Post by Docmow1 »

Major,

Welcome to P64 ownership and the Forum.

The spring issue is interesting. I have two 64s and changed off the springs on one. It makes a big difference, but for some reason I like the challenge of the original springs at the range. Now, if I was in a life or death situation....I'd like to be able to count on my first trigger pull!

Doc
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." -Unknown
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Major,

Image aboard, glad to have you with us.
The Only Sarge

Post by The Only Sarge »

Welcome to the forum.
msglaigaie

Post by msglaigaie »

Hello Major, I use an uncle Mikes tactical for my P64. The thumb strap is adjustable and I carry FBI style. (four o'clock on the belt w/15 degree cant fwd) It has good adjustable retention on both weapon and your belt. They come in leather or synth, your call. Also I hear good things about the fit of the Fobus SG3. I wear kydex when I carry my P series Ruger.
Attachments
PRO-3 SlimLine Triple Retention Duty Holster.jpg
PRO-3 SlimLine Triple Retention Duty Holster.jpg (3.45 KiB) Viewed 6726 times
P-64 in Fobus #SG3.jpg
P-64 in Fobus #SG3.jpg (27.94 KiB) Viewed 6726 times
If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much room!
Retiredmajor

Post by Retiredmajor »

Thought I'd give an update. I bought a set of Marschal grips from someone here. They look great and really dress up the gun. They are reddish in color and really nice. I also bought a Don Hume JIT slide holster for the Walther PPK in saddle brown. The P64 fits perfectly in it and the saddle brown holster looks great with the red Marschal grips. So, the adventure continues......