J&G Sale on P-64's

Info, pictures, advice...
bil

Re: J&G Sale on P-64's

Post by bil »

Mine came yesterday!! Wahoo! Smooth lil devil, and the DA isn't all stiff, like I've read about and elsewhere. It is stiff compared to the SA, but just to draw and fire its no more than any of my other DA/SA's, which include Walther P-1, Taurus 92AFS, or Colt Police Positive revolver. The Colt 1903 isn't DA, so its smooth as butter....
Man I didn't realize how many handguns I had. Doesn't even count how many rifles in the closet. And I've given my youngest son my Rem 1100 and Marlin lever action .30 cal., along with a Mosin-Nagant Carbine (cavalry?) and a Taurus 85 revolver of my father's. Still got a Mosin rifle, an AR-15, a Rockola M1 Carbine, and a Mauser K98. Hadda sell my Winchester M1Garand - wife thinks I was a hero to do that. And I was. :lol:
And maybe a couple-three thousand rounds of assorted ammo.
I must be a gun nut. Never realized. And my wife still doesn't know.
heheheheh :evilgrin:
The Only Sarge

Post by The Only Sarge »

I think my wife caught on when I went from gun safe(s) to last we built a new house, a gun room.
The Only Sarge

Post by The Only Sarge »

bil wrote:In the past I've ordered from both AIM and J&G.
I went to AIM this morning. Their P-64 was $179.95 with 2 mags, plus $26.25 s&h.
J&G's P-64 was $149.95 (yesterday was $179.95) plus $19.95 extra mag, plus $22.95 s&h.
$206.25 vs. $192.85. $13.40 difference.
No contest. Ordered just now from J&G.... :D
Glad to be here, waiting for my P-64.....!
bil
I just went to order another P64 and remembered this thread.
Now not to pick a scab here so don't throw stuff at me!
JG is $149 for no holster and one mag.
Aim is $179 for two mags and a holster
so $30 bucks difference.
Cheapest holster for the P64 on GunBroker (original) was $25 plus shipping.
JG also wants $20 bucks for another mag.
So when apples to apples JG is really $199 and AIM is $179.

I think if a fella just wanted the pistol and nothing else the $149 is OK. It is an option.
bil

Post by bil »

The Only Sarge wrote:
bil wrote:In the past I've ordered from both AIM and J&G.
I went to AIM this morning. Their P-64 was $179.95 with 2 mags, plus $26.25 s&h.
J&G's P-64 was $149.95 (yesterday was $179.95) plus $19.95 extra mag, plus $22.95 s&h.
$206.25 vs. $192.85. $13.40 difference.
No contest. Ordered just now from J&G.... :D
Glad to be here, waiting for my P-64.....!
bil
I just went to order another P64 and remembered this thread.
Now not to pick a scab here so don't throw stuff at me!
JG is $149 for no holster and one mag.
Aim is $179 for two mags and a holster
so $30 bucks difference.
Cheapest holster for the P64 on GunBroker (original) was $25 plus shipping.
JG also wants $20 bucks for another mag.
So when apples to apples JG is really $199 and AIM is $179.

I think if a fella just wanted the pistol and nothing else the $149 is OK. It is an option.

I have no need for a military-type holster, as I'll use this pistol for CC. A CC IWB holster is $13.99 on Ebay, free shipping, so that's what I'll get.
I did get a military holster with my P-1 from AIM: its under the bed - even if I wanted to wear it, the holster clip fits no belt that I own or even know of. Oddball fitting. And useless.
Bought a box of JHP with the $13 I saved.... :idea:
bil
The Only Sarge

Post by The Only Sarge »

Just the resell value and collectable value with the holster. I dont think anybody suggest that holster is used for concealed carry. Least not me.

Just getting a true comparison.
seven.62mm

Post by seven.62mm »

New member here. My first C&R purchase was a P64 from J&G last week, intentioned as a CCW gun for my wife. So far, I'm pleased with the gun they sent me. Although it was a bit holster worn, it seems mechanically sound. A field strip, dunk in mineral spirits, some elbow grease, 000 steel wool and Oxpho-Blue, followed with LSA has it looking new. Hope to test fire this week. Will be ordering Wolff hammer spring pack to see if we can coax the DA trigger pull into a more realistic territory for CCW. Depending on the outcome, I may order my wife one too!
The Only Sarge

Post by The Only Sarge »

Welcome friend......these things are addictive and fun.
The Wolff Springs totally change the P-64 for the better.
WayniacKT

Post by WayniacKT »

Added the Wolff spring to mine this weekend. Made a huge difference. I changed the main spring to 17lbs and the recoil to 20lbs. I have not shot it yet, but the trigger pull is totally usable now. In fact the single action pull is kinda scary light. I figure if i have already pulled the trigger once, I'm committed to the fight so no big deal.
seven.62mm

Post by seven.62mm »

Wayniac, let me know how the new springs work out on the range (waiting on mine) and what you decided on the holster. I've been thinking about the Crossbreed Super Tuck IWB (they list the P64) but still searching.
sksman

Post by sksman »

Mine came in the middle of last week! She's a 1971 model and looks like she's seen her share of holsters. DA pull is what is to be expected, barrel looks like it's brand new. Safety feels like it could get stuck halfway between on and off if I don't use enough force, but I'm not gonna worry about it. Didn't get a chance to bring it to the range yet, but I think I'm gonna be happy!
I'll admit it, I'm a Commie arms lover.
danthemanx07

Post by danthemanx07 »

Looking to buy my first P64. Should I expect any difference in the quality of the firearm between AIM Surplus and J&G? J&G describes theirs as very good. AIM describes as excellent. Anyone ever ordered from Royal Tiger Imports? They have "unissued" P64's with 2 mags for $209. Just wanted to ask some pros before I purchased.

Other than that, is the holster of any value beyond collectible appeal? I can't see it useful for anything other than storage, and even then, I am inclined to believe I would just use a gun sock for it.

Thanks,
Daniel
The Only Sarge

Post by The Only Sarge »

Speaking with absolute honesty here......
I cannot tell the difference from any of them frankly. I have bought from all of them over the years and all P64's have been very nice quality.
I never buy the "hand select" which I think is a joke anyway.
Buy from the one that gives you the most magazines/original holster etc. (IMHO) to maximize the historical and resell value.
JG Sales
AIM
Classic Arms (my personal first choice)
Century Arms
Southern Ohio Guns
danthemanx07

Post by danthemanx07 »

Thanks for the input sarge. I will get one on order!
Coco86

Post by Coco86 »

The Only Sarge wrote:Now do not get me wrong here fella's.....I dont want anybody busting an ankle bracelet here.....or getting a run in their panty hose.....I am not bashing JG at all...I am merely saying it irritates me over the extra magazine that isnt extra at all.

Secondly I received today another CZ82 from AIM and the shipping was 10.XX...so I dont understand the difference in shipping but that is what I paid friend.
Not to bash on you either but if you do your calculations right J&G total price is about the same as aim for the p64. In other words J&G is trying to fool people by making look like its a better deal but in reality its almos the same price as aimsurplus.
The Only Sarge

Post by The Only Sarge »

You said it better than I. That is my point.