7.62x25 now available for folks who also have Tokarevs

Info, pictures, advice...
Brehon1

7.62x25 now available for folks who also have Tokarevs

Post by Brehon1 »

Don't know if this is the right place to post... I wanted to share that Classic Arms sent out a notification yesterday that they have 7.62x25 ammo (Romanian as I recall). I ordered 400 rnds at about .17 each. It has been impossible to find bulk ammo for my Tok'.
The Only Sarge

Re: 7.62x25 now available for folks who also have Tokarevs

Post by The Only Sarge »

Bulgarian actually...and thank you for the heads up!
darrell

Post by darrell »

Don't forget the CZ-52 either. Most people don't have a 9 mm barrel for their CZ-52. 7/62 x 25 is pretty powerful ammo.
Brehon1

Post by Brehon1 »

Sarge and Darrell,
Thanks for both clarifications. I was so excited to finally see this ammo available I rushed to get out a note and wasn't particuarly accurate nor inclusive. Glad you guys are there to help.
Brehon1

Post by Brehon1 »

Follow up to my first post. Yesterday I noticed that J&G now also has 7.62x25 in bulk. It's 1260 rnds for $214. This is Polish. I don't understand how this foreign ammo dries up completely then two dealers have it in stock, originating from 2 different country's almost simultaneously.
The Only Sarge

Post by The Only Sarge »

I dunno either man.
I do know I will have to purchase another M57 to shoot all this new ammo I got coming.
Brehon1

Post by Brehon1 »

Today is set aside for experimenting with a little sight painting. Those P64 sights are a challenge for my old eyes. If that doesn't work, I'm thinking of going back to a 105 mm howitzer. As I recall, you can afford to miss by a lot greater margin and still be effective although concealed carry might be an issue :)
The Only Sarge

Post by The Only Sarge »

I have used BrightSights for as long as I can remember on many many of my pistol's.. http://www.brightsights.com/index.shtml

Stuff is easy to put on and last forever.
Brehon1

Post by Brehon1 »

Site Glo is the product I just used. I can tell already that mine is certainly not going to look as neat as your painting. Hopefully, even if it's a bit gloppy it will do the job of making the sight more visible. While I had it out I did the Tok' also. That had a much larger rear sight area to work with and the front site was serrated and held the paint a bit better. Now they sit for 24 hours.
Hinermad

Post by Hinermad »

Brehon1 wrote:I don't understand how this foreign ammo dries up completely then two dealers have it in stock, originating from 2 different country's almost simultaneously.
Hard to say. Maybe it all came on the same cargo ship. Or maybe it all piles up in a government warehouse for a BATFE inspection that only occurs every six months.

Dave
Brehon1

Post by Brehon1 »

Thanks Hinermad. Having worked for the government (at one level or another) for the majority of my working years I can safely say that a government inspection wouldn't delay it a mere 6 months. Furthermore, if it passed inspection it would have been redirected to the original shipping point in order to start the whole process over again, thus assuring the job security of the inspectors. :)
blackblade

Post by blackblade »

Fortunately I stocked up several cases when it was half the price. At these prices I will pass and buy commercial instead if I need any. Buy milsupr when its cheap - you won't regret it.

Buy it cheap and stack it deep!
The Only Sarge

Post by The Only Sarge »

My 2000 rounds showed up today. Perfect....this is good stuff for sure. Just fired a few rounds off the back porch.....