First shoot with "new to me" p64

Info, pictures, advice...
creamedpossum

First shoot with "new to me" p64

Post by creamedpossum »

So I just picked up a p64 a few days ago. It is in great shape, with very little wear on the slide. Finally got time today to go to the local range and put some rounds through it. It shot great, I ran about 100 rounds through it and had a pretty good time with accuracy. Only problem I had is it likes to shoot a little to the left. I started aiming right by about 2" on a target at 10 yards, and did much better. Is it possible to adjust the sights?
sixgun

Re: First shoot with "new to me" p64

Post by sixgun »

The rear sight is drift adjustable. It's relatively simple to move it in the direction you want to move the bullet. Don't be surprised at how little you need to move the rear sight to produce a dramatic shift in where the bullet hits.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Re: First shoot with "new to me" p64

Post by juniustaylor »

The sight can be tough to move. I had to heat mine with a propane torch (lightly) and whack it hard to get it to budge even a smidgen. I guess it just depends on each gun. Like sixgun said, it doesn't take much.

If you want a way to sort of figure it. Take the amount you want to move it (2 inches), divide that by 360 (amount of inches in 10 yards), multiply by the sight radius 4.5 inches.

(2/360) * 4.5 = 0.025" So, you would need to whack the rear sight 0.025" to the right. That's a fortieth of an inch (1/40). This should get you close. FWIW, hope it helps.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF