Range time

Info, pictures, advice...
Redbeard

Range time

Post by Redbeard »

I took my p-64 along with several pistols yesterday to the range .
I had just readjusted the rear sight it was to far to the right making it shoot almost 2 ft. off target.
Used Silver Bear ammo HP's and was shooting 2-3 inch group's at 25 yards .
Better than a couple of Higher dollar guns that I have .
Still have to change the springs for a "little " less kick.
The only other thing I have done is paint the front sight white .
That's so my 58 yr. old eyes can see it a little better.
My wife can't believe how accurate it shoots .
Well worth the Money.

Redbeard 8)
jbabbler

Re: Range time

Post by jbabbler »

I am always pleasantly surprised when I take my P64 to the range. It is an accurate gun for its size and I shoot it every bit as good as my G19. I have had excellent results with Barnaul, Silver Bear and Hornady 95gr loads.
John has a long mustache
former_usmc

Post by former_usmc »

Welcome to the site Redbeard. How did you move your rear sight, if you don't mind my asking? Mine is off center to the left. I really enjoyed shooting mind for the first time too this past weekend. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I got a nice 1.5" 5 round group from 10 yards right off the bat.

I read a post on here last week about painting the front site post with two model paints that made it orange if I remember correctly. I'm thinking about doing something too. I'm only 37 but my eyes aren't nearly as good as they were when I was in the Marine Corps, so I'll take all the help I can get!

jbabbler, everytime I see your sig I laugh and think I need to watch red dawn again!

Semper Fi
Joe

I'd say 90% are saying, We all know it's fake; we're playing along. The other 10% are saying, We're ready! And I'd say 10% of that 10% can't wait for it to happen.
Max Brooks on Zombies to CNN
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

I took a propane torch and lightly heated the rear sight. I then took a hard plastic punch and whacked it until it finally budged. I have not shot it yet since I did that about 2 months ago. I think it will shoot better now. Mine shot left before was I whacked it, so I moved it right. You could see with the naked eye it wasn't center. (You may not have to heat it, I did.)

I am the one that had the thread about using model car paint for sight paint. I used fluorescent red with a white base. Turns out like a hunter orange and you can see it very well.
jbabbler

Post by jbabbler »

former_usmc wrote: How did you move your rear sight, if you don't mind my asking? Mine is off center to the left. I really enjoyed shooting mind for the first time too this past weekend. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I got a nice 1.5" 5 round group from 10 yards right off the bat.

jbabbler, everytime I see your sig I laugh and think I need to watch red dawn again!

Semper Fi
Did your gun shoot to the right or left? Mine was a little off to the left but it shot true. Yours may be drifted over on purpose.

Sig: While it was used in Red Dawn, it was first used to alert the French resistance that the D-Day invasion was about to begin.
John has a long mustache
forcefed

Post by forcefed »

Wolverines!

Welcome to the site Redbeard