Silver HP feed issues

Info, pictures, advice...
xdcolorado

Silver HP feed issues

Post by xdcolorado »

Has anyone else had issues with the Silver Bear HP feeding in their P64? I've run about 300 rounds of S/B Bear FMJ without issue. I have also put through about 60 rounds of the Hornady HP without issue. Today I gave the SB HP a shot with 50 rounds. I had 3 FTF and 2 FTE with the stuff - a 10% failure rate isn't nice to have. Are the 64s just picky with HP?
Last edited by xdcolorado on July 16th, 2009, 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Silver HP feed issues

Post by normsutton »

xdcolorado

all military guns are picky with hp ammo, they weren't made to shoot FMJ ammo, HP ammo is against the rules of war, every once in a while you will get a gun that shoots both , just polish the feed ramp

viewtopic.php?t=1162
there are 2 pages on this

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
chuwee81

Silver HP feed issues

Post by chuwee81 »

i haven;t tried them in mine yet but just received 3 boxes of those yesterday from JG. Feeding and ejecting manually (slowly, not slingshooting it), the rounds feed no problem. I hope they perform fine under real firing condition. I got a dremmel tool ready should the need arise.
mikepolo841

Silver HP feed issues

Post by mikepolo841 »

I am shooting Silver Bear HP in mine, polihing the feed ramp made all the difference in the world.. It would not feed properly till I polished it, but since I did it feeds properly every time .. Have oly been to the range 3 times since I got the little guy but after the first time and then I polished it it has been a dream.
chuwee81

Silver HP feed issues

Post by chuwee81 »

i just started another thread. I used the heavier recoil spring and polished the feed ramp the night before. I ran 2 mags at the range with no FTE or FTF's. One one mag, the slide didn't lock, which was strange.