P64 Vs. PPK

Info, pictures, advice...
gunzrus

P64 Vs. PPK

Post by gunzrus »

Hello all, Not sure if this is already on the forum some where else (Guess I could/should of done a search) oh well, this may help a potential new P64 owner make a decision, and is also good reading.
Enjoy
CKL
Can't beat the little "64" for the price :) :)

http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting200 ... /index.asp
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

P64 Vs. PPK

Post by normsutton »

GunzRus

yes it's on our home page , but its good to see it again

http://www.p64resource.com/

thanks for bring it back up

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
dusty62

P64 Vs. PPK

Post by dusty62 »

I already had my P64 when I came to this forum but that is still an interesting comparison. In fact, I just read through it again! LOL It is informative and a good read. I have to admit I've never tried a PPK or PPK/S but I do like my P64.

dus'
michaelap

P64 Vs. PPK

Post by michaelap »

They are both great guns. They are very close but still very different guns. You can love the P-64 and I do to but don't kid your self they are NOT the same gun!
pshootr

P64 Vs. PPK

Post by pshootr »

The firing mechanism of the P-64 seems to me to be similar to the Czech CZ-50 and CZ-70.

The Makarov and P-64 are the only pistols I know of that utilize a "push feed" system instead of the "controlled feed" system of other pistols. In rifles "controlled feed" refers to a Mauser type action where the rim of the round being fed into the chamber is first captured by the extractor claw as the cartridge is being fed from the magazine into the chamber. "Push feed" refers to a Remington (among others) type of feed system where the breach face simply pushes the base of the cartridge out of the magazine and into the chamber, then the final forward travel of the bolt causes the extractor claw to jump over the rim of the case which is already in the chamber. The Mak and the P-64 both have two small projections at the bottom of the breach to prevent the cartridge from sliding under the extractor claw as it is moving from the magazine into the chamber.

The Walther and the FEG PA-63 are very similar though, although parts do not interchange.

The "horse shoe" shaped sear of the Walther and clones is the distinguishing feature of those pistols.
gunzrus

P64 Vs. PPK

Post by gunzrus »

PshootR
Thank you for that lnfo.I've heard the term before but I never had it explained in depth like this. I'll never quit enjoying learning new info. especially about firearms. I spent some time @ this forum before I signed up, and what impressed upon me to join up was that every one here is polite, qwik to help others and all of the knowledge here :) 8-) Keep up the GR8 work everybody!!!!

Ps. I received my Wolfe spring kit today and am looking forward to the benefits, and my trigger finger will be thankful as well ;D
retiredfireguy

P64 Vs. PPK

Post by retiredfireguy »

I had a Walther PPK/S. Beautiful stainless steel gun. Hated it. The slide tended to slice the web of my hand, no matter how careful I was with my grip. And the safety was extremely difficult to use. I now have a P-64 with a Wolff hammer spring, and I love it. The Walther was way prettier, but the P-64 is way more functional for me.
bob

P64 Vs. PPK

Post by bob »

It's amazing how one little spring can change the the personality of a firearm.From mr.Hyde to dr Jekyl.I too saw that article a few years back and that along with handling one at a gun show made me not want to buy.But somehow the shape and feel in my hand kept me interested.Finally I said somebody somewhere must know a modification.Then I found you guys.It was when Wolff started making springs for it and you did not have to mod the ppk spring anymore.Talk about an ugly duckling into a swan(although on looks I always thought it was nice).
kilogulf59

Re: P64 Vs. PPK

Post by kilogulf59 »

Greetings. Does anyone have the comparison that was on this site: http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting200 ... /index.asp
Take Care and Stay Safe,
Ken aka kilogulf59

Integrated Close Combat Forum
cmwadj1

Post by cmwadj1 »

My direct email address is collins@alescodata.com. I'd love to buy 2 of the mag releases and another v.05 grip. Does anyone have any of these parts available?
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

kilogulf59 wrote: December 27th, 2022, 9:01 am Greetings. Does anyone have the comparison that was on this site: http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting200 ... /index.asp
The Internet Archive does!
https://web.archive.org/web/20051028031 ... /index.asp