WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Info, pictures, advice...
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Post by Curly1 »

Nice one Bill and it has the flat left grip also.

Give us a range report.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
jabski

Post by jabski »

Jabski here, from Ofallon,Mo.
I work in the Parts business, at Mopar.
I HAD a P-64 a few years ago, but foolishly sold it.
Just bought a different one.... should have it next week. Cant wait!
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome Jab.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
eldiabloloco

Post by eldiabloloco »

Hi folks.

New to this forum, and new to the P64. First off I'd like to say "thanks!". I read up on this forum before springing for the P64 recently. I'm now waiting impatiently for a test run at the range.

Otherwise, not ex-military or LE. Just have always loved plinking. Not a tremendous amount of experience outside my trusty old hunting pair, a 22lr and H&R shotty. But in 1976 through 1979 I probably put 30K rounds through the 22 on an 80yd range. Sure wish my eyesight were still as good as those days. :o

Looking forward to running the P64 against my S&W6906 at the range. The P64 is a 1976 I found at Gander by accident. I must have been on a lucky day because the DA trigger is not nearly as terrible as I expected(based on reading). It is a bit stiffer than the very nice S&W trigger, but not terrible. The SA on the P64 is light and crisp. (all from dry firing) Really looking forward to a range day soon.
jemsj4

Post by jemsj4 »

eldiabloloco, Welcome from SW FL. I love my P64 & carry it almost daily. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
oldobxer

Post by oldobxer »

Hi folks, I'm an old guy living in paradise. Well, some call it OBX others refer to it as Nags Head or The Outer Banks of NC but I think of it as God's gift to old farts like me. Was a deer hunter and fisherman in the past and only owned shotguns and rifles. All of my friends were pretty much like me, only not as pretty. Like many in this country have sadly experienced, I had a rude awakening to the realization of the immediate need of taking personal responsibility for the complete physical protection of my family. When tragedy took the life of my father the police just shook their heads and threw up their hands collectively and said the petty criminal who shot my unarmed dad just needed $30 bucks for drugs and will do the same thing again and again when he's in need. Since the LEO's can't be everywhere protecting everyone all the time, Normal Common Sense dictates self protection. No responsible citizen drives a car without the protection of insurance, which is just about protecting a financial investment not a life but millions never even think about the need of protecting their lives or the lives of their loved ones until it's too late. That's all changed for my family, no longer will we be defenseless, as my dad was, against those with evil intent. Sorry to go on like that but this is who I am. A very loving and protective husband (50 and 1/12 years), father of 2, grandfather of 4, great grandfather of 2 and adoptive grandfather of 2 that adopted us. BTW I have a small collection of usable weapons and didn't need the P-64, but after reading what you folks had to say about this weapon, the desire to own one just took over and the deal is done with delivery soon. Looking forward to reading many wise words from many wise members. With Best Regards and Respect, The Oldobxer Guy
pirateye

Post by pirateye »

Just rode in from Rockwall county, Texas. Own: East German Makarov, CZ-82, CZ-70 and P-64. I like all of them. The P-64 is a bit rougher on the recoil, but hey, old shovelheads will beat the snot out of you too, but we still love riden 'em. Anyway, nice sight. Glad I found y'all.
Gun control is hitting your target.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum pardner.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Daddyursus

Post by Daddyursus »

I came to this site to find answers and found it kinda felt good. Not all warm and queasy but comfortable like an ah an old ah ah GUN!! Yeah, like an old gun :-) So I moved to a state that in the next45 days will be one of the most restrictive gun law states in the union. My purchases to date have been mostly your standard .22, 9mm, .45 from Beretta, Sig and Ruger. I don't own a Glock because of the attitude of Glock owners. Anyways, a couple of months ago, I was at my FFL and someone was clearing out their safe. I do love Berettas. So before me was a Beretta Model 70S (1972) in .380 and a Makarov IJ70-17A also in .380. As a package deal, I got both for $475. I mean darn they WERE the same caliber and made purchasing 500 rds of ammo seem the prudent thing to do. Then up pops a P-64 on my local message board for $325. I asked the guy if he'd take $300. I mean that's half the price of an M9A1. I bought it and fell in love with it as it fit my hand so perfect. But she had to stay at the FFL for the 8 day waiting period. MEANWHILE on the local classified is a guy selling 2 P-64(1975. 1976) and a CZ-82 (1987). All for $800. Have you guys got to know me yet? I mean 3 guns all for less than I paid for my Sig M11A1. So there you have it. I am the proud owner of 3 functional and beautiful P-64s. And a proud member of THE Unofficial P64 Resource Forum.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

New guy from the coast of South Carolina. I had a PA-63 and a P64 a long time ago and traded them both off. Recently, I found a nice PA-63 and today I found a very nice P64. Yes, it's going to need some changing of the springs, D/A is horrible, S/A has some creep and isn't all that bad. Going to put some rounds through it tomorrow.

Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum, give us a range report.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
makarovmatt

Post by makarovmatt »

New to the website and as you could probably guess from my SN im a big 9x18 fan. Just got my first p-64 a few months ago and already have a FEG pa-63, CZ-82 and a EG Makarov. Love them all and looking forward to learning more about them. Thanks
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Post by JohnnyBfromPeoria »

New member from Phoenix here. Thanks for making this forum possible. I'm looking forward to making my 1970 even better. I already replaced my recoil spring last year and I went looking for an answer to a question I had about my gun and found this place today.

Take care,

John B.
I like my guns
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum John.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary