WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Info, pictures, advice...
KayceShelby

Re: WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Post by KayceShelby »

Hello, I am new to your forum as of today..
This thread topic is interesting and awesome to read.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum Shelby
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Welcome to the world of Polish weapons all new members I've missed!
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

You ever see something listed for sale...new old stock? Well that’s me... I have to wait to see my picture when I post this to see how long ago I joined this forum. It looks like my last post was 9 or 10 years ago! Don’t know why I backed away from a few forums like this and Older Than Dirt. I stumbled on this link and was so excited when my name and password still worked! This was always a great, fun and informative forum.
I look forward to rekindling some old friendships and making some new ones.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

hey Russ how you doing ,
NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Well a bit older...5 soon to be 6 grandchildren...lost my wife in 2019. Those are the highlights in a nutshell. So glad I found this sight again. I remember the back and forth with everyone here and on Older Than Dirt. You walking me through some projects.
How about you.. how have you been? Staying healthy?
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

yes , retired now, do a lot more gunsmithing , sorry about your loss , the older than dirt got shut down , because AL never gave us the master pass word , and pro broads didn't have a phone number to call , so i couldn't have run the back up in it , . haven't talk to Hayden in about a year , do most of my stuff on FB now , but still don't like FB format , https://www.facebook.com/norm.sutton.129/
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Wow!! Sorry to also hear about your wife Russ!! Glad to see you found your way home!! We left the light on for you!!
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Greatly appreciated! The older we get the more we need old friends.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

You sure got that right!!
Leo
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

you got that right
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
kilogulf59

Post by kilogulf59 »

kilogulf59 wrote: July 30th, 2009, 9:37 am Hello All,

Please allow me to introduce myself; I am Ken a.k.a. kilogulf59 and I though I’ve been around for quite some time, I have neglected to introduce myself formally. Now that I am about to purchase my first P-64 pistol (I can't wait!!!), I figure it is about time I do so.

For a bit about me, I am just an average middle-aged gent who is interested in integrated close combat methods with and without weapons, general and reasonable preparedness, and all things of that nature. In addition, I maintain a great fondness for history, the written word, and little hunting and fishing tossed in as well.

For an insight into my mindset and therefore my thought process, personally I believe in simplicity and the common sense approach in all areas, to include preparedness and confrontational management. It is my express opinion that true combat is not esoteric nor is it convoluted…it is unpretentious, fleeting, and extremely brutal and that man is THE weapon, everything else is simply an object. As founder and administrator of the Integrated Close Combat Forum, which is a free and nonprofit site dedicated to the education of the layperson and professional-at-arms alike, I have striven to emphasize this methodology.

I will tell you that I am significantly influenced by the teachings of some of the true innovators in the Combatives field. “Shooting to Live” is my Old Testament and “Kill Or Get Killed” my New Testament, so to speak and no blasphemy intended. Of course, that would make Lt. Col. Fairbairn, Maj. Sykes, Col. Applegate, Col. Askins, Col. Jordan, S.A. Brice, Maj. Grant-Taylor, et al, the disciples should I maintain the religious analogy.

As far as my personal background is concerned, I was born and raised in Chicago so, by default, I unfortunately learned a little “confrontational management” the hard way; on the streets, mainly in what not to do…like bleed. My training experience includes Modern Arnis, Miyama Ryu Jujutsu, and FSA style combatives. Formal handgun education was initially through the Chicago P.D. Explorer Program in my youth, later as an adult I attended classes taught by a retired Chicago P.D. Firearms, NRA Certified, and Chapman Academy Instructor and the FSA combat shooting skills that I have learned on my own and with the guidance of a few select instructors in the field.

My current maxim of choice is "REMEMBER – What works for you may not, necessarily, work for me. Keep an open mind!" and I do believe this.

As you can see, the P-64 seems like a natural fit with my philosophy.

That's about it for now as I am certain I have bored you lone enough. I am here to learn and exchange thoughts, techniques, and methodologies, though I am sure, I will glean more from you than the inverse – Thank You.
I should re-introduce myself as I've been AWOL for quite some time. I'm Ken aka kilogulf59 and I've been a member since '08. My original intro, above, still basically holds true. It's a long (and BORING) story as to why I've been MIA, nevertheless, I'm here again. The place has only gotten better I see.
Take Care and Stay Safe,
Ken aka kilogulf59

Integrated Close Combat Forum
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Good to see you back!!
kilogulf59

Post by kilogulf59 »

Thank you. It's good to be back.
Take Care and Stay Safe,
Ken aka kilogulf59

Integrated Close Combat Forum
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Welcome Back Ken, would love to hear some of your stories from Chicago PD days.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.