WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Info, pictures, advice...
OPCollector

Re: WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Post by OPCollector »

Ketchman wrote:I too am originally from Michigan, Lansing area. What part were you in?
Lived in the Lapeer area (thumb) for 16 Years, Cadillac area (NW) 8 years and Clio for a couple of years before I made my way out to Kansas. Never spent much time in or around Lansing though I did spend a few weekends in Mason.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Spent a lot of years deer hunting around the Hopkins Creek and Manistee River near Cadillac. Great country. :D
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
OPCollector

Post by OPCollector »

Ketchman wrote:Spent a lot of years deer hunting around the Hopkins Creek and Manistee River near Cadillac. Great country. :D
I hear ya! My folks live right around that area you are speaking of. Hopkins Creek runs along their property on North Lanning. I canoe the Manistee every summer we go up there to visit. Hard to scratch out a living up there though. I plan to get back there some day permanently.
wbrown

Post by wbrown »

Good mornin' folks. :hi:
Thought I would introduce myself, and thank you for allowing me to join the board.

My name is Wendell and own only one P64 (sad ain't it?).

Thanx again,

Wendell

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Welcome to The Brotherhood. How long have you had yours, what condition, range reports, opinions, all these kinds kinds of things are needed. We hope you find what you need here.
wlockridge

Post by wlockridge »

Welcome Wendell. I'm with Ketch, let us know how it shoots for you and don't be afraid to ask questions, that's what we are here for. You'll find a good bunch of guys and wealth of knowledge here, don't be afraid to take advantage of it. Happy holidays and stay safe.
Bill
Shoot first, Shoot straight, and hit what you're aiming at, if you can do these things and have six rounds of ammo, you'll have two thirds more than you need to prevail.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum Wendell
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
wbrown

Post by wbrown »

Ketchman wrote:Welcome to The Brotherhood. How long have you had yours, what condition, range reports, opinions, all these kinds kinds of things are needed. We hope you find what you need here.
Thanx for the kind welcome folks.

I've owned my P64 for a couple of years now. It is in great condition , considering the age (1975).
I'm afraid the pistol shoots better than I can. Eats anything I feed it, so far. Mostly Silverbear hardball.

I replaced the hammer spring with a 16# Wolff. Trigger pull is better, but the single action is touchy (2-3 pounds).

Overall , a great little firearm. It's my carry pistol in warm weather.

Wendell

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Wendell,

Thanks for the followup. I think you will find that your findings fit in with a large number of us regarding accuracy, condition, reliability and spring changes. I stayed with the #17 hammer spring with the #20 recoil spring and am quite happy with mine. The single action has always been very light and the spring changes did not change that much but it did make the DA livable. And mine has never failed to eat whatever it was fed, ever and I have tried most everything except Chinese surplus. Thanks for the info and again, Welcome.
max16v

Post by max16v »

New member here!
Picked up my first P-64 a few days ago from Turner's. Originally purchased one from Classicfirearms as a C&R, but being in California my LGS returned it being under 50 years old (1973) and not compliant.
A month later I found Turner's selling them and had to buy one to replace my finicky CZ50.

I was extremely surprised at the condition for a gun manufactured in 1967 was in, practically MINT. Grips are unmarked, bluing on frame and slide is incredible, with only showing the *slightest* holster wear. I'd put money on that this has rarely been fired. Newer post-'72 mags were included, which is giving some feeding problems, but a quick filing should fix it.

Been reading a lot of good information on this site, and looking forward to do some shooting this weekend.
Attachments
P1020137.JPG
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum Max.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
gemini1

welcome

Post by gemini1 »

Welcome Max. You need to find a new LGS who's updated with current laws. The P64, regardless of year made has been classified as C&R. Mine was made in 1976, bought from AIMs a few months ago, and DROS at a pawn shop/FFL near me in NorCal.
Beauetienne

Post by Beauetienne »

Hi all. Newbie to P64s and from Louisiana.

Recently picked up a P64 from AIM. Yet to shoot it.

Looking forward to learning a lot here.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum, post some pics and a range report.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Beauetienne

Post by Beauetienne »

I haven't shot her yet. Here's a pic. Thanks