WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Info, pictures, advice...
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Re: WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Post by Ketchman »

Welcome to both VZCP20 and Gemini1. Hope you boys both find all the info you need here . If not it will be because you did not ask as there is a HUGE information base stored here in these members heads. If it is knowable about the P-64 it can be found here. Enjoy. :mrgreen:
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum guys.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
wlockridge

Post by wlockridge »

Hello and welcome to you all. Been a little busy moving lately and haven't checked in as often as I should. I'm sure you'll fall in love with this little weapon as I did. There may be a bump in the road from time to time but you'll get all the help and support here that you need. Again, welcome all.
Shoot first, Shoot straight, and hit what you're aiming at, if you can do these things and have six rounds of ammo, you'll have two thirds more than you need to prevail.
john9square

Post by john9square »

Hi everyone. I just joined after perusing for a while. I had the fever for a Mak or P64 for a while and finally, finally just got one on order. Have been revisiting all the info on springs, DA pull, and grips. Great stuff here. I need some ammo feedback, will post on that subject area.

Thanks!
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum John.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
zimo

Post by zimo »

Hi, new guy here from CT, have a p64 on its way to me from Classic Firearms and will hopefully have it in my possession early next week.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum, post pics when you get it.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
zimo

Post by zimo »

Here it is, just changed out the recoil spring and hammer spring, finish isn't as nice as I hoped for but its ok
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Pretty good on this side, give us a range report,
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
zimo

Post by zimo »

Btw has anyone tried oxpho blue on one of these? Id be curios as to the results.
kbuilta

Post by kbuilta »

Found this forum when considering a P64 - joined when I put the order in for one with Classic. It arrives Monday after Thanksgiving.

Have been back into firearms for a couple years after having sold a pistol (.357 revolver) and shotgun years and years ago when we started having children. Got back in so I could work shooting sports in Boy Scouts, focusing on rifles (youngest 2 are Scouts now). I soon learned that I love Wood and Steel and now have 5 WWII battle rifles (2 Garands, a 1903A3, a Finnish M39 Mosin-Nagant, a Russian 91/30 M-N) which I shoot in CMP matches. Added a Rem 700 in .308 (it was used at the 2013 Scout Jamboree - worked shooting sports there) and also have a Mossberg 22 (for practice). The only pistol I've had since getting back into shooting has been a Ruger 22/45 (same model used at Scout camp). Have been lusting after 1911s and a neighbor is selling a sweet collector 1911 from WWI, arsenal refurbed for WWII, but I wouldn't be wanting to shoot it enough to justify the price tag. A P64 is just the ticket and also gives me something to carry get an IL CCW. I reload so I'll add the dies for 9x18 Makarov and everything else is pretty available but pistol powder is virtually unobtanium still. Rifle powder has loosened up a bit but not pistol yet.

Really looking forward to the new arrival and a trip to the range. Home club has very nice indoor ranges so winter won't hold me back! Will post pictures when it arrives.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum.

I have the same Battle Rifles also, great shooters all.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
OPCollector

Post by OPCollector »

Hello All. Just acquired my first P-64 Yesterday from Aim Surplus and stumbled upon this forum looking for info on the little pistol. I will post pics and all the details about my new addition in a separate thread.

About me... Well I'm a bit of a noob. New to 9x18, new to holding an 03 C&R and fairly new to pistol ownership in general. (The P-64 is just my third).

I am a Broadcast Engineer in the Kansas City suburb of Overland Park Kansas. Pushing 40 with wife and kids...

Grew up in Michigan, been around firearms my entire life though I have owned very few myself.

I look forward to getting to know you all and learning a little something along the way.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Welcome to the addiction! !
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Welcome to the Brotherhood. I too am originally from Michigan, Lansing area. What part were you in?
And you will find a huge knowledge base here, these guys know almost everything there is to know about these little gems.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.