Classic Firearms P64 customer reviews

Info, pictures, advice...
Sooner64

Classic Firearms P64 customer reviews

Post by Sooner64 »

Hello, I'm new to the forum, but used the information here extensively prior to buying my P64. Thank you to all of you who have shared your valuable insight and advice.

I recently bought a P64 from Classic Firearms based partially based on the many 5 star customer
reviews associated with their P64. My own buying experience wasn't positive so I wrote an honest review reflecting my experience. My review was a two star review and was not inflammatory or rude, just honest. Now it has been over two weeks since its submission and Classic has not posted it. There are 3 five star reviews that have been posted that were submitted 12 days after my negative one was submitted though. The only conclusion I can draw is that it appears Classic Firearms is selectively posting positive reviews and, thus, misleading their customers.
So my purpose here is twofold: I want to let people know what the reviews at Classic really are and I'd like to see if anyone else has had a similar experience with Classic Firearms.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Classic Firearms P64 customer reviews

Post by Ketchman »

Sooner,
It is not surprising that Classic is being choosy about what reviews they post in this day of only the best face presented not the truth. I personally had a good experience with them the one time I did business with them, but.....
So what was the problem if I can ask. And welcome to The Brotherhood. I hope your experience here at least is a great one. With the people I know to be here it should be.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum, yes thy weed out the bad reviews. Same thing has happened to peeps posting bad reviews about the Finn M39's.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Billinoregon

Post by Billinoregon »

I bought a Finn 39 from Classic and that was enough for me.
xskinman

Post by xskinman »

i bought a Bulgarian Makarov from Classic and it was superb.ordered another one and hoping it is as good.
Sooner64

Post by Sooner64 »

Below is a copy of the P64 review I submitted to Classic Firearms. It has still not been posted.

Tale of Two Pistols
Pistol one: I wanted a "best of ten" so I paid $20 for hand select. The total with shipping was $267, which was fine because I wanted "excellent" cosmetics. The one I received did look good and had minimal wear, but it wouldn't function, even after over 3 hours of cleaning. Classic agreed to exchange it for another pistol.
Pistol two: My replacement pistol arrived and it does function, but its cosmetics are far from being a hand select "best of ten" pistol. This replacement pistol is noticeably more worn than the first one. The rub marks are much more extensive and the grips have many deep scratches and scuff marks. One of the grips is even torn. So now I've wasted $20 on hand select and had to pay for two ffl transfers (it's also looks like I'll have to buy nice grips from somewhere else if I want the "best of ten" cosmetics I was promised by Classic). Total price for my heavily worn, ugly pistol is now over $300!
m.c.

Post by m.c. »

I was a little disappointed with the finish on mine after paying their hand select fee. My safety is a little weird, I don't know if it just needs cleaning or if its worn. I haven't taken it apart yet. This is the gamble you take when ordering old guns. Sometimes it goes the other way, I bought a P7 from another online place a few years back and it looks brand new inside and out.
Sooner64

Post by Sooner64 »

I'm glad to hear about your good luck with the P7 and you're right, buying used guns has risk. However, when Classic preferentially post positive reviews they are misrepresenting how big that risk is. It isn't honest or fair, in fact, it is intentional deceit. They can not be trusted.
Btw, the safety on my p64 is weird too. It functions and decocks the trigger so I didn't mention it in my review, but it's very stiff until it moves and then is seems loose.
RustyBarrel

Post by RustyBarrel »

As others have said, hopefully your stay here is positive.

It's not surprising that Classic isn't/didn't post it. Considering a lot of reviews can be paid for to make a business look great. They are just trying to keep their statistics looking good.

The good thing about social media and public forums is they can help make any unsuspecting buyers aware about any crummy businesses.

Have you contacted them about possibly refunding the hand select option?
estook

Post by estook »

Don't cream Classic Firearms- do get in touch with their customer service department. I've bought three guns from them, even, gosh forbid, lost a safety lever on my Makarov and got a replacement free. Get in touch with them- best buying experience for me.
Targetp64

Post by Targetp64 »

I just bought a p64 at Cabelas last week in Huntsville, Ala. store.
Maybe anyone wanting a p64 can check with them, there are several stores in the U. S.. Mine was $219.00 plus tax. Pistol was clean very minor rub at muzzle, functions perfect. Hope this can help someone interested in buying a p64.